Oliver + S

How many times do you make up a pattern??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • LINK
    mrsc1345 @mrsc1345

I was just wondering on average how many times you make up the same pattern? I have two girls, so I know I will usually always make at least two of a pattern, but my biggest repeat has been the ice cream dress/top I have probably made 6 of those! (and to think that was originally my least favorite pattern of the spring release.) So what’s the most repeated pattern in your O + S stash? (p.s. this is directed to less than superhero sewers like motherof5, although I would be interested in a rough estimate of total sewn garmets to come out of that sewing machine!)

LINK
    Emily @Emily

For me, it really depends on the pattern. Most I’ll make up once or twice in each size, but my favorites I’ll repeat much more frequently. For example, I’ve made three Ice Cream Blouses, three Ice Cream Dresses and four Jump Rope Dresses, all in the same size. I’ve only made one School Days Coat, and I’m hoping that I’ll be able to skip a size and that the current one will last through this winter and I’ll make the next one two sizes up from the last.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Woo hoo , I am going to get a big , fat swollen head !

I have made 8 Sunday Brunch jackets and skirts, but not all in the same size.

I have made 6 sketch book shirts size 12.

I love the Jumprope and intend to make 2 each for the girls for summer, I have made 5 of those so far.

LINK
    mela @mela

I started sewing O & S patterns in the spring and since then have made 4 swingset tunics, which is my absolute favorite. The next-most-frequent is the 2 puppetshow shorts. I do LOVE those shorts, too! since I started with O & S, I’ve made 12 items! Now for the next size up!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I’ve made probably 8 Popover sundresses, 3 Ice Cream blouses, just finished my second Tea Party sundress (not counting the one I abandoned as hopeless) and have a third cut out, and I think 3 each of the Sailboat shirt and pants. That’s not too bad, now that I think about it, almost one item every two weeks since I started (though it’s more like make 3 things, don’t sew for two months, make 2 more, etc.)

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I always feel like I can’t get things done for my girl. This will be a great chance for me to reflect and stop beating myself up! Since I started with O+S late last year I’ve made:

3 TP dresses – for my girl and as baby gifts

7 Sailboat tops – 1 already for this fall and planning on a couple more (such a great top for pairing with skirts and pants!)

5 Sandbox pants/shorts (perfect either way!)

Several ruffle halters for my girl and as gifts

And I made a total of 6 Ice Cream dresses during the social! My girl owns 3 of them, the others were/are gifts.

I’ve made other things, but these the most. Seems like I get on a roll with something and don’t slow down. 🙂 The patterns are really great though and varying fabric combinations make them fun to repeat!

LINK
    janimal @janimal

I started with the very simple Lazy Days skirt and made about a half dozen of them. Then the Popover Dress, and I have made 6 of them also. These are the first garment patterns I have ever followed!

I have an ice cream dress cut but not sewn yet. Lately I have used some other patterns and made my daughter 5 pairs of shorts and 4 pairs of pants using the same pattern just adjusting the length. And used another simple dress pattern to make 4 dresses.

Once I have sewn up the ice cream dress, I will likely sew several. For me, the more times I use a pattern, the more pysched I am to sew it again. The confidence from completing one is inspiring. I like to “master” a pattern. And…since my daughter is not quite 2 years old, the Oliver and S patterns I collect I can use over and over in bigger sizes. I don’t think I will get tired of them!

LINK
    mrsc1345 @mrsc1345

Nice! I forgot about the lazy days and popovers, the lazy day skirt was my first sewn project ever and it blew my mind. I couldn’t figure out what right sides together meant. Lol. How far I have come! I made probably 10 of those before I tried (and failed) to make something from a pattern. And I made 7 popovers, so easy and fun! I even used my budding skills to size it down for my 12 month at the time. My oldest just hit size 3 so she is grown of of the early patterns I have, time to re-invest in some bigger sizes. So stoked that the size range is bigger in the more recent sizes, more bang for my buck! And more years to outfit her, if she will wear what I want her to then, that is.

LINK
    Rebecca W @craftalittle

I have made 2 Tea party dresses and will probably make more of this one- I just love this pattern! I have mad 3 2+2 blouses (1 was a gift) and will make more of these as well. Oh- and 2 bedtime story pj’s (1 was a gift) Other than that, I have made only 1 of the other things (bubble dress, puppet show tunic, ice cream dress and ice cream blouse). BUT- I plan to make more of all of those. But first…I have a playdate dress, school days rain coat and winter coat, and some new patterns on my list!

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

I’ve made four sets of bedtime story P.J.’s, so all the cousins could match, two for my little girl, two for the tiny guy, four P.J. bottoms for the big guy, two pairs of sandbox pants, one tea party dress, three tea party play suits ( I want to call them sunsuits- I think that’s what we called them when my brother wore them in the ’80’s.) Three popovers, two lazy days, a modified popover eliminating the ties (because I could never tie them so the dress hung straight!) All since the beginning of the summer! I’m an addict.

LINK
    elamom @elamom

I’ve made 1 bedtime PJs, 7 popover sundresses, probably 10 lazy days skirts, 6 ice cream dresses, 3 bubble dresses, 2 jump rope dresses, 1 sailboat shirt, 4 sandbox pants, 4 puppet show shorts, 1 school days jacket (with the lining!) and 2 tea party playsuits! I’m also working on 2 Sunday brunch jackets (ones almost done, the other I’m awaiting my fabric), another ice cream dress (in a big girl size) and getting ready for the jump rope sew-a-thon. Sheesh, maybe I have an obsession. In terms of frequent use, obviously the easy ones are in the biggest rotation (ie popover sundresses, lazy days skirts, sandbox pants and puppet show shorts).

LINK
    Ana Sofia @Ana Sofia ASM_Blue

Taking the opportunity to count them all: 2 school days jackets, 9 pairs of bedtime story pjs, 6 birthday party dresses, 2 jump rope dresses, 2 popover dresses, 3 bubble dresses, 7 ice cream blouses, 4 ice cream dresses, 3 playdate dresses, 6 tea party dresses, 6 2+2 tunics,2 2+2 skirts, 2 music class skirts, 1 puppet show dress, 6 puppet show shorts, 1 sunday brunch dress, 4 sunday brunch skirts and 1 sketchbook short. I have 1 girl and 2 boys, but still I have to admit I’m totally addicted, LoL. Or I might just be “making the most” out of my investment in O+S.

LINK
    Rebecca W @craftalittle

@ Ana Sofia- WOW!!!

LINK
    ckcsbella @ckcsbella

Hmm, let me see: Bubble dress twice (with at least one more planned, as it’s DD#2’s favourite, and it’s getting too short), Bedtime pj’s once (but 2 planned for Christmas), Tea Party dress once, but more planned. Ruffled halter 3 times, Jump Rope dress twice and once as a blouse, Music class blouse twice with more planned, Ice cream dress twice with fabric for another sitting on my table (and it was also not my favourite of the spring releases until I saw it made up), Sunday Brunch jacket and skirt twice, with two more jackets planned (and fabric purchased). Lazy days skirt twice. I think that’s it for me, but I know I have more in my future as I have successfully managed to convince my children that Oliver + S is the be all and end all in kiddie couture. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on a couple of the new patterns as I have plans for those!

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Oh lets see… I’ve made 4 sets of PJs, 3 school days coats, 2 sandbox pants, a long and a short sleeve 2+2 top and a skirt, 2 birthday party dresses, 1 sunday brunch skirt and jacket, 1 jump rope dress, and am in the process of making 2 (and now maybe a third!) puppet show tunics and one pair of shorts. So it looks like the PJs were the “best value” so far but I will definitely make more of the others – if only I had more time!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.