Oliver + S

Hey, what's wrong here?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Oliver + S Discussion Forums 2.0!

There’s lots of new features and functions here which you’ll discover as you roam around. And there will be a few more interesting things rolled out in the not-too-distant future.

Thanks to our wonderful developer Justin (a.k.a. @admin a.k.a. Einstein) for all his work in pulling this together for us. The forums may look similar to what was here in the past, but the project was a complete rebuild from the ground up. Bringing the new forums on line while keeping all the old posts was equivalent to changing the engine in a car while it’s coasting down the street in neutral.

Despite all our efforts at testing, now that we have all this live data in the system you may find some things that aren’t working as they should. That’s to be expected, and we’ll be working to fix any bugs identified.

If you find anything that seems to be out of order, please post it in this thread and we will look into the issue and get it in queue to be addressed.

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Hello there, I’m loving exploring the new functionality, and thank you for investing in the forum as I find it invaluable.

I noticed this morning that when I open a discussion thread on my phone all the text overlaps. I tried again just now with a number of threads and it does the same. I’m not sure if anyone else has experienced this or whether it is my phone. I can take a pic later if needed, just got a baby asleep on me at the mo!

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

Love the changes, especially how friendly it is with my android phone which seems to be my main form of Internet access these days. Thanks!

Also, I just noticed Todd’s user ID as “Keymaster”. Hilarious!

LINK
    admin
    Keymaster
    @admin

@dubhels2003: A picture would be very helpful. Any details such as the type of phone, operating system, and browser would be helpful too.

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

I’ve tried to edit my post in the “playtime for bigger kids” topic several times but it doesn’t show the correction. If I click on “edit” I see my corrections. When I click on “submit” it still shows the original unedited version.

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

Hm, now it shows the edits. Thanks!

LINK
    admin
    Keymaster
    @admin

@KarenK: I’ve been tweaking some cache settings to try and keep the site as speedy as possible. This has likely been the cause of your issues, but I hope to have it resolved.

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

You’re a genius. Someone should give you a medal. Oh wait… 😉

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

The avatar and username take up an awful lot of space on a mobile device – see attached image from an iPhone6 in portrait mode.

Attachments:
    LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Once in your profile, there is no ‘back’ button to switch straight back to the forums

And there are two ‘friends’ tabs/links (not sure what they are called) – is one only for the member to see and the other for other members?

( but thank you for all the changes – it’s fun to play with this!)

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Justine J.
    LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

@admin Apologies for the poor quality picture, hope this helps. My phone is a Galaxy Ace, and I have to be honest, I don’t even know what operating system means? It’s an android phone, is that it?!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

With the longer threads, it seems you have to go the last page number and then scroll down. Just clicking on the ‘last poster’ in the column to the left, doesn’t take you there.
    (At least, not on my laptop)

Lots of fun to be had.

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Oooh, my picture has exceeded the file size! I’ve put the pic on flickr:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/hjcoates/15574411698/

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

My profile picture loaded sideways (it was right side up in my phone’s camera roll)! I’m not sure how to rotate it so it’s the right way up :-P.

LINK
    admin
    Keymaster
    @admin

@lattemama: Thanks for the heads up on that. I think it should be quite a bit better on a phone now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.