Oliver + S

Flickr update!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Aha! I had assumed Instagram was inherently public, so I have used it only for photos I’m willing to share, so for me that’s sewing yes, kids no. I checked and found this:

“First know that you can’t set just individual photos to private. When you go private on Instagram, it’s a profile-wide affair. “

So if you wanted to share using Instagram and your profile is currently private, you’d need a second, public account.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

It is a shame, I feel the community has really dropped of from Flickr. I can only view five or so photos at a time now, they take so long to load and I am maxing out our internet.

Does anyone have the link for the old page system? That loaded a page rather then endless photos?

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Hi all. I am copying flickr’s response re adding to groups from the app…

Thank you for your feedback. This feature is now available in the Flickr 3.0.1 iPhone app.

To add photos to groups:

1. Select the picture you want to add

2. Tap the Share icon (right pointing arrow)

3. Tap the option to add to group

4. Select the group you want to add it to

Please be aware that we at Flickr are closely listening to your voices via our feedback forums. The product is a total redesign and more improvements are coming in the future. Your voice is critical to us during this juncture.

Thank you

Product Support

LINK
    Mel @Mel

I am absolutely the only person on the planet that doesn’t have a cell phone let alone a smart phone. When I look at flickr on my PC, the page I go to for O+S is:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/oliverands

It shows all the new photos in thumbnail size then you can choose which ones you want to click on to see larger. Does that help, Nicole?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Mel, I don’t have a smart phone either 😉

That is the page I am after but in the old view, where it loaded one page, of 30 or so photos.

Now it continually loads and I get pink and blue balls, (which make me want to give Flickr pink&blue balls)

Thank you, though!

xx

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

Katy – I do like Instagram. I actually have two accounts – one is more like friends, and the other is geared toward sewing stuff/fabric/patterns. I started the first, then realized that my work friends really don’t need to see photos of my fabric selection – and maybe fabric friends don’t need to see pictures of my dogs…..you could certainly do something like that, and keep a private one for the kid pics, and the other one for sewing. You can use an app like Phonegram to toggle the two.

Sarvi, you can upload dslr photos to Instagram; I just put my photos in Google Drive, then open them in an app where you can share from to IG – I use Pixlr Express.

90% of the time I check Flickr for two purposes – to see what my contacts are working on, and to look in the O+S pool. But, I do belong to other groups and I like to get inspiration there as well….

I do like the idea of photos on the O+S site – you could check out what they’ve done over on the Kids Clothes Week site to see how theirs works and improve on it (cause I don’t really like theirs too much – but it’s a start!)

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

On uploading DSLR pics to IG, I download them from flickr on to my smart phone’s ‘camera roll’ and then put them on IG from there.

I’m following this thread with interest as I miss how easy it used to be to skim through the Flickr O+S pool.

Is any one else using Kollabora? I joined for Selfish Sewing Week but I’m still learning the ins and outs. I like how you can search by supplies there.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I’m not familiar with Kollabora — what’s it all about? I keep waiting for the sewing version of Ravelry. I even know people who are trying to start it, but so far, nothing seems to have taken firm hold.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

“This is a new kind of maker community.

The root of Kollabora is “working together” – we unite makers, crafters, and DIY enthusiasts of all skill levels to get inspired, share projects, buy and sell PDF patterns, and connect with each other and their favorite brands.

At the forefront of the maker movement, our diverse community of creative influencers includes some of the most well-known and innovative DIYers sharing high quality, fashion-forward content.

Our ever-growing communities include sewing, knitting, home decor, jewelry making, dyeing, quilting, and more.

Craft on!”

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

I have a Kollabora account too – still trying to get a handle on it. But, it seems like it may be a step in the right direction, as opposed to Flickr that’s going in the wrong direction…..

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I’ll have to check that out — I like the idea of a single home for my millions of hobbies.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

I am inherently wary of updates (have only just updated my phone from IOS7, and my iPad is still running on IOS5!), and won’t be updating the Flickr app any time soon, from the sounds of it.

I am saddened by the changes that Flickr keep making – every change just makes things worse. Like most of us, I have made many friends via Flickr, and don’t want to lose that community.

I have an IG account (set up to keep tabs on Rosie), but have been keeping it ‘sewing-free’, as my contacts there are mostly family. I do also have a Kollabora account, but despite having it now for a few months, don’t really find it as user friendly as old Flickr. (Janice, off to find you…)

Nicole, I have bookmarked my own photostream using a pathway Lotta told me about – it shows up in the old format.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52151674@N08/?details=1

Maybe the /?details=1 might work on the end of the group link too?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you Justine, I will play around with that!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I have a blessedly very fast internet but I keep mucking up my comments by trying to put a return for a new line and then realising that the return button Is now the “publish comment” button.

I think the sheer number of projects going into the pool has increased over the two years I’ve been contributing (and I am as guilty as any other for that!) and I struggle to keep up even with a quick connection.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I asked Aaron to try at his office where he has blistering speeds and it’s the same issue. It’s not just your speed — it’s clunky on Yahoo’s end.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.