Oliver + S

Favorite TV Show to watch while handsewing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • LINK
    Darcy Struble @darcyjane

Does anyone else do this? I sew up a bunch of stuff until I get to a hand sewing part and then throw them in the hand sewing basket I keep next to the couch and when my husband and I watch an episode at night, I do all my blind hems, or button sewing, etc.

I thought it would be fun to share favorite TV shows πŸ™‚ We don’t actually have cable tv, but we watch on shows Netflix.

Right now, I’m really into M.A.S.H. My husband always loved it and since it came onto Netflix, I’ve really gotten into it!

What do y’all love?

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

Sarvi suggested Top of the Lake to me a while back and I loved it!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Bumped the old thread for you! Oh, I used to love MASH, watched it all the time as a kid (I was not very closely supervised πŸ™‚

LINK
    Darcy Struble @darcyjane

I haven’t heard of Top of the Lake. What’s it about?

MASH is awesome! We were watching the one called Adam’s Ribs last night and They talked about ribs so much that we had to go out and buy ribs for dinner for tonight haha. They are in the oven now! And thanks @sarvi πŸ™‚

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

No cable here either but we have Hulu. I love Nashville and The Mindy Project. Hubby is in NYC tonight so I will be able to catch up on my chick shows and yes, I have some hand sewing to do too πŸ™‚

LINK
    Darcy Struble @darcyjane

I think the Mindy Project is on Netflix too! I’ll check that out! What chick shows do you like? I sometimes make my husband suffer through the Vampire Diaries and Gilmore Girls haha

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

We’re really enjoying the Netflix series ‘Daredevil’. ‘Longmire’ is a huge favorite of mine (I’m SO happy Netflix picked it up after its cable network was stupid enough to drop it!,) and season 3 hits Netflix May 1st (the new season 4 will release this fall). And it’s not on Netflix, but ‘Wolf Hall’ (Masterpiece Theatre) on PBS is excellent!

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

‘Call the Midwife’ is also outstanding. Tho that’s about as close as I get to watching a “chick” show – I’m more of a Vikings/Game of Thrones kinda girl ;).

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh I LOVE Gilmore Girls! It’s so amazing. When X and Y were in a fight my stomach hurt! Don’t want to say who in case of spoilers πŸ™‚

Top of the Lake is about a cop uncovering dark secrets in her small town. It’s extremely intense, not necessarily everybody’s cup of tea, just FYI.

I love Mindy Project too, so funny.

LINK
    Darcy Struble @darcyjane

Top of the Lake sounds awesome. Sounds like my husband would like that one too!

I tried watching Game of Thrones but I think I like the book better (not to be clique hahaha but because I get a little scared of action-y graphic-y stuff and when reading books, it’s only as graphic as your mind lets it be). But Ed is super into Game of Thrones! The story of it is great!! Are you into Firefly or Doctor Who type things, @vothgirl? We are big nerds over here haha!! Super fantasy and sci fi fans in general πŸ™‚ We’ll check out those other shows, too! We’re always looking for new shows to queue. It’s so sad when you reach the end of a show. It’s like loosing a group of friends, in a really sad, tv world kind of way.

@Sarvi
    , I haven’t gotten very far, I’m in season two, but I love love love Gilmore Girls. I can’t wait to see how it unfolds!

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

I LOVE Firefly!! I haven’t tried Doctor Who yet but I want to πŸ˜‰

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I own all 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls on DVD! My husband pretends to hate it but if I have it on he always stops and watches. It is such a great show.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Fourth time lucky….

I tend to do my hand sewing as it eventuates. I used to have a lot of UFO’s and I am terrified of going back there.

I do have a DVD/TV combo in my sewing room though. At the moment I am working through Royal Pains when the children are running through and The Tudors when they are in bed πŸ˜‰

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Yay, I got a post to load!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Cycle racing! Paris Roubaix if it’s a one night project ir the Giro d’Italia or Tour de France if it’s a three week marathon project!
    You’ve got yo prepare really well and get your timing tight cause watching a rerun once your project is hand stitching ready doesn’t cut it when you’ve accidently overheard the result!
    Otherwise, love Dr Who and I recently got very hooked on a French crime series, can’t think of the title, but it was great. Only trouble is my French isn’t quite good enough to not read the subtitles at all. Generally foreign language subtitled TV and hand sewing don’t go together well.

Edit: Les Temoins / Witnesses

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.