Oliver + S

Fantasy Sewing – a.k.a. Why I am NOT sewing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I handed in my overlocker to be serviced on Friday and of course my head is now filled with knit projects where the overlocker would be very useful.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Lol, Lotta, love this post! Most of my ‘sewing’ lately has been all in my head! On my list for this week: a Josephine blouse, a Weekend Getaway dress, and an Alder dress (all selfish!) – but am working all week, so none will be done…

(speaking of selfish sewing – next week is Selfish Sewing Week – details on the Imaginegnats blog or on Kollabora 🙂 )

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Fantasy sewing….. I have cut

#1 Red denim Art Museum Trousers for Liddy.

#2 Liberty Capel Sketchbook shirt for my cousins baby boy.

#3 Grey unbrushed fleece track pants for Zara.

I am NOT cutting anything else!

Real life, I have until Saturday night to finish Zara’s dress.

All I want to do is sew baby dresses……

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Feel your pain lattemama. I had the same issue but in reverse. the sewing machine in for repairs and only the overlocker at home.

My current fantasy is a dropped shoulder red striped top based on the Weekend Getaway but cut like a T-shirt. Don’t go finding me a source of red striped Ponte knit or it might have to become a reality! 🙂

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi
    LINK
    Robin @Robin

Sarvi! I love you. That’s hilarious.

LINK

Ha ha Sarvi. ????

Of course I did go searching online. No immediate luck for what I want, but if anyone else wants navy and white or black and white knit fabric. Hart’s fabric have the real deal which is Saint-James Ponte knit. That’s the brand of mariniere tops I love and the fabric weight is perfect. Feeling a bit frenchy? Go for it!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Couldn’t resist a little joke. But I know you have a robust sense of humor. You make that S-J Ponte sound so tempting!

I am currently not sewing because I’m at the annoying parts of all of my projects. It’s so much more pleasant to pin pretty things on pinterest than it is to trim threads, unpick something you serged, or any of the other fussy bits.

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I’m not sewing because I don’t want to start a project and then find I don’t get it finished because I’ve had my baby. I have so much admiration for those who sew with a little baby, but I am not someone who will, I guess I know my limits! Also I can’t sit down comfortably to trace off more patterns.

So I’ve binge sewed and wound down now, which is more than a little frustrating as I’m now overdue and could certainly have finished something else!

Fantasy sewing… for the first time in probably 15 years a desire to make something for me; a cinema dress for post nursing, or adjusted for nursing, and an everyday skirt

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Hang in there! It’s horrible at the end, isn’t it? Everyday skirt qualifies as comfort sewing. Easy to sew, fit and looks great.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

My everyday skirt has been so useful , post baby.

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

I had a good chuckle over the stripes, Sarvi. Speaking of stripes….I currently have a couple yards of this in my hot little hands http://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/Black-Off-White-Puckered-Striped-Sweater-Knit-66W.html and it is really nice. I want something slouchy and comfy that I can wear with skinnies and boots for me…wish those lisel patterns would hurry up so I can make a decision on a pattern.

LINK

Oh, please make what I want to make so I can sew vicariously through you.

Weekend Getaway cut on the fold, eliminating the front plackets. It’ll be like a drop sleeved long t-shirt. Slight boatneck.

Bit of a hi-low hem with curves at the sides to make a side split.

The idea is to have the stripes change direction where the sleeve joins onto the top.

I can see this so clearly, hope I’ve described it. I have about three navy and white striped tops, hence my search for red. Otherwise I’d do it today!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Shelley, I *think* I may have something.

LINK

Oooh. Nicole I am a fussy cow. I’m looking for a Ponte de roma type weight. Ideally the stripes aren’t even widths. Sort of 1/4 inch to 3/4 inch. I found a perfect looking one on etsy but the stripes were probably a bit too fine (only 1/8th inch for the white stripe).

Will swap for anything, or purchase if you have what I’m after.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.