Oliver + S

Fantasy Sewing – a.k.a. Why I am NOT sewing

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi
    LINK
    JWo @JWo

I’d love to be sewing right now but I’ve been gallivanting around the USA and Europe for the last 4 weeks and still have another 6 days of holidaying in San Francisco to go! It’s hard work being separated from my sewing room. I’m sure all this delicious French food will mean I’ll have to adjust the waistband on my clothes when I get back – or sew something new for myself, perhaps. I have been very interested in the new patterns as they look like they will be forgiving of a bit of self-indulgence…

Fortunately a little bit of knitting has kept me amused during my holiday and is a terrific way to use the time on long-haul flights.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Lucky duck, that sounds awesome!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ah, I left my heart in San Francisco, along with my former dress size …

Still plugging away at the blog post, but might have to interrupt as a Spoonflower order arrived. I couldn’t stop laughing. It came out twice as big as I’d intended.

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

I’m at my father in law’s in Brisbane, I finished Audrey’s shirred dress and sailboat trousers that I bought fabric for, and I’m getting itchy fingers now!

I bought a new shirred breastfeeding top for myself (ah the joys of a big city that has maternity shops!!), and I’ve decided to copy it with some lightweight printed cotton I have… at home. Oh well, we start the drive home on Thursday.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I’m sewing up cozy hats in my fantasies but not in real life because of Outlander on Starz. I’m not even sorry.

My overlocker has come back though – but it turned out to be worn out and couldn’t be fixed. Not that it matters because I came away with a new machine which is both serger and coverlock.

It’s now sitting unused in my sewing room because I stare at men in kilts instead. Again – not even sorry. (That novelty will wear off and the machine will still be there)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Pure fantasy…..

Do I make another Puppet Show dress in palest coral hailspot muslin or Liberty lawn? (Trixie doesn’t need either as her current one washes and dries in no time and she will grow out of it)

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

Well, if you’re only dreaming – dream big and go for Liberty!

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

I’m a long time Outlander fan and SOO excited to be watching the show now. Hubby even likes it, so has been a treat to curl up on the couch Saturday nights for it.

I would go with a liberty collar and cuffs myself.

In my dreams…I’ve been making all sorts of fall/winter dressy clothes for the kids. I’ve got a meter of this http://www.liberty.co.uk/fcp/product/liberty/liberty-art fabrics/zoolites%20c%20tana%20lawn%20cotton%20/106369 for my little man’s holiday party wear. I’m thinking a button-down with a blue corduroy vest or blazer. But, my crew needs every day clothes first.

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

My fantasy outfit:

Girl Friday Culottes (midi? Cropped?) in this:

http://bandjfabrics.com/fabric/wool-harris-tweed-11

With a cuffed short sleeved (with pockets) Bento Tee in this: http://bandjfabrics.com/fabric/cotton-and-wool-birdseye-knit-0

I think it would make a lovely dressy winter outfit! But not practical for someone who got spit up on not 5 minutes ago 😛

So I’ll stick to working on my Cinema tunic 😉

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

OOOH OUTLANDER! Yes. I am not sewing because I haven’t picked up enough after my last few projects so I can’t find a place to sew. Messy girl needs to clean before she can make a new mess!

Also, I am looking for a contrasting fabric to go with my fabric finders brushed cotton pink and brown microhoundstooth. It is somewhat dull, but warm and comfy and I want some pop in color. I wish I could find a link for you all to see it so the collective could steer me to a soft corduroy in the right color. I’d photograph and flickr it except lighting is key to color!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Thought I’d get this thread going again, since my sewing is mainly fantasy sewing at the moment. No specific reason why either – I’ve only been working one day/week this term, so have some ‘free’ time that I have been missing. I just can’t seem to find my sew-jo though….

So, here’s what I am (fantasy) sewing:
    – a Weekend Getaway dress (Joel Dewberry rayon) – this one is driving me nuts – the fabric and pattern are laid out on my sewing room floor, and I refuse to pack it up in the hope I will sew it…
    – some easy tote bags to use for Xmas presents.
    – two throw cushion covers for my boys.
    – a Bubble dress (my next ‘size 5’ project) – it’s cut and ready to go.

There is more in my head, but these are ones I am spending the most time sewing – sorry – pretending to sew…

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.