Oliver + S

Fairy Tale Sizing of Bodice? HELP!

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

Liesl – you may try this place: http://www.us3a.com – they have tons of old-school (at least what I call old-school) sewing supplies. They sell wholesale and are really nice and helpful.

I haven’t used carbon paper in years!

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

This may be the wrong stuff, and I only use it sparingly, but I’ve used carbon paper from the office supply store, like you used to put under your paper when typing. I buy it in a skinny flat envelope, and it comes with 20 pieces.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

cybele727, I’m glad you’ve already taken ito account the seam allowances.

I haven’t made this dress but I have made simular ones from old Enid Gilchrist magazines and I ended up dropping the neckline as it looked too high compared to what the girls were wearing, it wasn’t actuallty too small just looked too high in this case.

The internet’s great but is would be so much easier if we could get togerther and be able see it in real life and go ‘just move it like this’.

Good luck.

Liesl, I havent used carbon paper or a tracing wheel. But if it was easy to get I might use it.

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

Would it be called NCR paper like the paper that they use for duplicate and triplicate forms?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Were those posts helpful?

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Liesl- very very helpful.

It may not end up as perfect as I would like, but at least I am not afraid to try! And only by trying will I learn, practice, get better and succeed!

For my daughter’s fit, I had to add through the center front bodice a 1/2 inch so it wouldn’t pull across the chest. (She is all torso and chest with buddha belly and squat legs), so as a result, the neckline is a touch larger/longer. Do you think I should add a 1/4 in length to each collar piece (Peter Pan) at the straight end so the curved pieces don’t have that extra 1/4 inch gap between them?

Jenny

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Liesl, Thank you so much! I’m finally getting around to reading all the comments here and your blog posts! I can’t wait to try out your techniques.

~Jessica~

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

Yes, thank-you, Liesl. I am going to start on Monday.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

I know I know! I’m cutting it close! I’ve cut my bodice according to Liesl’s blog post and I’ll fit it in the AM and take pics for critiques and help! I have the most delicious sateen I can’t wait to cut into!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

My baby girl measures into the 2t, but it was a bight snug across that toddler belly, especially after a meal! 🙂 I wanted to keep the darts as a design feature, so I added just a smidge to the side seams of the front bodice piece only. She now has room to layer another shirt if necessary and hopefully a little room to grow.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.