Oliver + S

Bigger size in swingset tunic and skirt???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • LINK
    shwillis7 @shwillis7

I love the swingset tunic and skirt and would love to make it for my daughters who wear size 8 and 12. Will you offer it ever in a bigger size? Thanks!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m glad you like that style! I agree that it would look great in larger sizes.

Unfortunately, at this point we don’t have plans to re-print backlisted styles in larger sizes, but as we release new patterns we’ll continue to offer them in the expanded size range. We’ve got some terrific patterns in the works, so stay tuned and I’m sure you’ll find more styles you’ll like just as much as our original releases.

Cheers!

LINK
    dare moi @dare moi

I have seen ALOT of swingsets lately, and i WANT. My only problem is that my girl is a 6 (and obviously will grow). I’m actually having pattern buying ‘hang-ups’ about buying it because it is out of her ‘sizing’.

I’m sure i wouldn’t have much trouble sizing it up from the sz5, but i am thinking i could try to wing it. I usually don’t need much encouragement in buying O+S patterns, but what do you think? What other skills do i learn from this pattern- or what makes it soooooooo wonderful, that i cannot refuse it?

xoxx s

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Happy to enable!

I blogged the construction so if you would like to ‘try before you buy’ http://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/sets/72157625559687392/

My 8 year old Lidia has only just stopped fitting in hers and whilst she is skinny she had quite a broad back and I generally cut the size 7 width in tops for her.

The skirt would be ever so easy to lengthen.

~Nicole~

LINK
    dare moi @dare moi

Oh, thanks so much for that! I am admittedly more interested in the skirt, and thought i may draft it up myself. Inevitably it will end up in the “TO DO” list that just gets longer & longer.

xoxx s

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I bought it and sized up both the skirt and the top. The top is more complicated but it sized up beautifully. The skirt is only 2 pieces, the skirt which is cut on the fold twice, I think, and the lining which is exactly the same shape as the skirt but 1 inch (or something) shorter. The shape is sort of a curved rectangle. It was very easy to size up. I think I added 1 inch to all the cut edges.I looked at the differential between two sizes and multiplied that by 2 because I made a size 7. Then there is a tie piece which is one size fits all. I love the skirt; it is our favorite. The drape is beautiful. I bought the skirt for not only the pattern but for the construction technique. The lining forms the casing for the tie and the elastic. There are two rows of elastic with the draw string in the middle.

LINK
    dare moi @dare moi

Yeah, so i PDF’ed it the other day, i am quietly very satisfied. Lots of swinging skirts coming your way now.

xoxx s

LINK
    Erin78 @Erin78

So, has anyone dared try to grade this pattern up to a size 7 or even 12? I want to but if it’s a total pain I’d rather know before I begin…thanks for any info

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

It’s now on my list to grade up the skirt and release it in larger sizes! I can totally understand why you like it, and it would be great for the older girls too, I agree. I have a very large project on my plate right now, but I’ll try to squeeze it in when I can find time, ok?

LINK
    Erin78 @Erin78

Oh, I’m soooooooo excited!! You always are doing so much, I don’t know when you sleep, but I am definitely thrilled that you have it on you list. Thanks!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Wow Liesl! Thank you for your kind and willing response. This is one of the reasons I really appreciate Oliver and S, as well as the fantastic patterns and instructions, is that you listen and respond. Thank You, I will look out for it when it becomes available 🙂

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

This skirt would be great in more sizes. It’s well constructed and fun to wear.

LINK
    tantemele @tantemele

Thaese are great news. I love the lines of this skirt. I made a couple already (though I am not uptodate with posting) and I just love them. The last one was already lengthened but for larger sizes a proper grading will be for sure better. Thanks Liesl!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Hey, if I didn’t need to sleep I’d get so much more done! Thanks for the feedback and for the request. xoxo

LINK
    Jerri @jerrimayfield

I just made my first swingset skirt and my 5 year old is in love!! My seven year old however is begging for one in her size. I would love to see larger sizing on this pattern! Every girl needs a skirt that twirls! Thanks so much for making such beautifully classic patterns!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.