Oliver + S

Any errors in instructions not in errata?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    bj canerday @Chroma

I’m trying to make the Classic Shirt, View A and the instructions for the ‘Wearer’s Right Set-In Placket are more than confusing. It says trim 1-1/4″ from right front shirt edge, then sew a row of basting stitches 1/2″ from one long edge. Then I’m suppose to add 1″ x 29″ of interfacing using basting stitching as a guide. Then fold along stitches and sew the placket back to the shirt front using a 1/2″ seam allowance. This would leave me with a placket that’s 1/4″ wide (and interfacing hanging over). That can’t be correct…can it? I’ve read the errata and looked at photos of completed garments. I still can’t figure out how I should do this. My husband checked my math and he thinks 1-1/4″ – 1/2″ – 1/2″ will leave 1/4″ every time. (He’s better at math than I am but that was my conclusion as well.)
    I feel silly and not very bright writing this but I don’t know what to do. I’ve already cut it also…
    Help, please. bj canerday

LINK
    Bogwoppit @Bogwoppit

The piece you cut off is not used for the placket. There is a separate wider, longer pattern piece, number 16.

Hope you have worked it out or see this in time.

Lisa.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

There is a complete sew-along for this style if you need additional help:

liesl + co. classic shirt sew along

LINK
    bj canerday @Chroma

I saw that pattern piece but the instructions said to “sew basting stitches 1/2” from one long edge of the CUT packet piece. It never occurred to me that they were talking about anything but the CUT OFF packet piece. I’m too literal I suppose…but I’m like that when following instructions. Sorry about the above message.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.