digital danube jean skirt sewing pattern
The Danube Jean Skirt is a classic five-pocket jean-style skirt. The casual skirt has a slim fit and side slits that make you feel extra sexy. The waistband sits at your natural waist, so you can wear it all day long and feel super comfortable.
Itch to Stitch Digital Patterns
This style is provided as a digital pattern. It may be printed on home printers that use either 8 1/2" x 11" or A4 paper or at a print shop that can print A0-sized pattern sheets. When you complete your order, you will be provided with a unique code to instantly download the pattern. See our digital product policy for full details.
All Itch to Stitch patterns come as multiple PDF files consolidated within a single .zip file. Download and save the .zip file to a computer to access the PDF files. Downloading .zip files to mobile devices is not recommended as most phones and tablets cannot open them.
The Danube Jean Skirt is a classic five-pocket jean-style skirt. The casual skirt has a slim fit and side slits that make you feel extra sexy. The waistband sits at your natural waist, so you can wear it all day long and feel super comfortable. Of course you can also make it in other bottom weight fabric. In fact, make several because the Danube Jean Skirt doesn’t go out of style, ever.
- Slim fit straight skirt
- Side slits for walking ease and style
- Straight waistband that sits at natural waist
- Classic five pockets and fly-front zipper
- Back yokes for back shaping
- Optional rivets for reinforcement and as decoration
- Optional belt loops
- Layers feature (print only the sizes you need)
Primary fabric: use a non-stretch denim, twill, corduroy or other bottom weight fabric. Lining: use a lightweight woven fabric without stretch. Lining fabric is for pockets.
- Topstitching thread
- One (1) 6" (15 cm) or longer metal or jeans zipper
- One (1) jeans button
- Ten (10) rivets (optional)
Size Chart, Finished Measurements, and Fabric Requirements
Click to enlarge the final images at above right.
Choosing your Size
- Compare your waist circumference (narrowest part) to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size that best fits your waist. If you are between sizes, choose the smaller size if you like your garment more fitted; otherwise, choose the bigger size.
- Compare your hip circumference (fullest part) to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size that best fits your hip. If you are between sizes, choose the bigger size. Because the skirt sits at the waist and has a slim fit, it is important that you measure your hip circumference correctly. If you have a protruding tummy, please refer to this article about how to accurately measure your hip: itch-to-stitch.com/hip.
- It’s OK to use different sizes for the waist and hip. See instructions for details.
- If you are taller or shorter than 5’6” (168 cm), you should consider lengthening or shortening the skirt. See instructions for details.
- It is highly recommended that you check your fit by making a test garment with inexpensive fabrics that have similar weight and stretch as your final garment fabrics.
Average rating: (5 of 5) based on 1 reviewsDanube jean Skirt patternReviewed by Elisa (Verified Buyer) on 07/04/2018It is a great pattern. The instructions are very useful and I am very happy with the result.1 of 1 customers found this helpful.Was this helpful?