Nicole
@motherof5
Active 4 years ago-
Masha Richart replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Can’t wait to see it, Amanda!
-
Jess M. replied to the topic Who wants to sew the Oliver + S skirts with me and win?? in the forum sewing with liesl + co and oliver + s 11 years ago
Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! @Liesl you are such a tease!!! Can’t wait to see more!
-
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic softening linen?? in the forum sewing with liesl + co and oliver + s 11 years ago
Linen will continue to soften more and more with each washing, and that’s one of the beauties of it. I wrote a little bit about it a while ago on the blog: http://oliverands.com/community/blog/2013/04/fabric-friday-natural-fibers-used-to-make-fabric.html
-
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Any thoughts on the Sunday Brunch Jacket from flannel? in the forum oliver + s: sunday brunch 11 years ago
I think flannel would be really cute and cozy!
-
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Who wants to sew the Oliver + S skirts with me and win?? in the forum sewing with liesl + co and oliver + s 11 years ago
Add one more to your list, because there will be a new one for spring! And that’s all I’m saying…
-
Jess M. replied to the topic Swingset top fit in the forum oliver + s: swingset 11 years ago
-
Jess M. replied to the topic Swingset top fit in the forum oliver + s: swingset 11 years ago
Finally.
-
Jess M. replied to the topic Who wants to sew the Oliver + S skirts with me and win?? in the forum sewing with liesl + co and oliver + s 11 years ago
I’ll have to dig through my patterns and see how many I am missing. Though I have already sewn 2 this week LOL.
-
Jess M. replied to the topic Swingset top fit in the forum oliver + s: swingset 11 years ago
Voila
-
Jess M. replied to the topic Swingset top fit in the forum oliver + s: swingset 11 years ago
I just made size 5 for my soon to be 6year old who is crazy skinny. The previous size I made her was a size 3 from 2 years ago…..which was getting a bit hard to put on, but fit once on. The size 5 is a bit room, and she easily could put a top on underneath as it’s a bit roomy (I probably should’ve made a 4….but I really want her to wear this…[Read more]
-
Sarvi replied to the topic Who wants to sew the Oliver + S skirts with me and win?? in the forum sewing with liesl + co and oliver + s 11 years ago
What a fun idea! Unfortunately I have a backlog right now but if I can finish up quickly I’ll join!
-
cybele727 replied to the topic How much is too much? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
I agree that it is a 50-50 proposition. My daughter’s wardrobe is huge compared to her brothers. But… he wears jeans and the same 6 t shirts, I swear.
My daughter goes through these no dress/skirt phases for like a month. It peeves me because pants to NOT stay up on her. She gets narrower as she goes down, so they slide right off.
But…[Read more]
-
Masha Richart replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Another insomnia-drivn late night at the machine. I learned last week not to attempt anything other than the dead simple at tht time of night, so I made another maternity top and skirt. I made the last two tops super simple with no ruching in hopes that I can also use them during those first post partum weeks when nothing else fits.
-
Masha Richart replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Another insomnia-drivn late night at the machine. I learned last week not to attempt anything other than the dead simple at tht time of night, so I made another maternity top and skirt. I made the last two tops super simple with no ruching in hopes that I can also use them during those first post partum weeks when nothing else fits.
-
with love Heidi replied to the topic Who wants to sew the Oliver + S skirts with me and win?? in the forum sewing with liesl + co and oliver + s 11 years ago
I didn’t realise there had been so few skirts! Only 8, I own 7 of them and have made 3. I’ll probably join in and make some 🙂
-
Lightning McStitch replied to the topic Any thoughts on the Sunday Brunch Jacket from flannel? in the forum oliver + s: sunday brunch 11 years ago
The only one I’ve made was flannel and i thought it worked very well. The Woollies flannels are lovely, I made a Music Class shirt in a herringbone flannel from them and it washed and wore perfectly. I say go for it. It will be more a heavy shirt weight than a jacket but the fabric will behave just fine.
You’ll be able to spot my flannel Sunday…[Read more] -
Masha Richart replied to the topic Any thoughts on the Sunday Brunch Jacket from flannel? in the forum oliver + s: sunday brunch 11 years ago
My only hesitation would be how the flannel itself would wear. I think it would sew up fine into the jacket, but I have yet to find a flannel that doesn’t fade and pill horribly after a few washes. I’d subject a sizable swatch to some rough treatment first.
Also, you’d probably want to use a lighter cotton for the bias bindings – flannel on…[Read more]
-
Masha Richart replied to the topic Any thoughts on the Sunday Brunch Jacket from flannel? in the forum oliver + s: sunday brunch 11 years ago
My only hesitation would be how the flannel itself would wear. I think it would sew up fine into the jacket, but I have yet to find a flannel that doesn’t fade and pill horribly after a few washes. I’d subject a sizable swatch to some rough treatment first.
-
Jess M. replied to the topic your wish list in the forum sewing with liesl + co and oliver + s 11 years ago
Adding a plea for a blazer—one that would suit both boys and tweaked for girls!
-
Masha Richart replied to the topic Twin Needle hemming – bobbin thread breaks in the forum sewing with liesl + co and oliver + s 11 years ago
Thanks LMcS! I do have the Woolly Nylon but have not been able to get it to work for me – maybe I should invest in another bobbin case. Cheaper than the coverstitch, anyway …
- Load More
copyright
Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2026. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.
