Oliver + S

Your Favourite Pattern for Children

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

With Kids Sewing Week coming up, I thought it could be fun to share your favourite pattern. It doesn’t have to be O+S.

I would love to see what YOU love sewing.

My very favourite pattern in the O+S Jump Rope dress, my most utilised is a Kwik Sew polo top for children.

Its very similar to this https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/76671057/kwik-2225-boys-girls-polo-shirt-sewing?ref=market

LINK
    daisygirl78 @daisygirl78

I still adore the 2 + 2 blouse, puppet show shorts and sandbox pants!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I think the Class Picnic blouse is the number one most useful for me, though the Hide & Seek has a lot of potential … time will tell. The Class Picnic is easy to sew, easy to wear, and seems to last and last and last.

I love the puppet show shorts too, so far they’ve been great for everything from the tiniest babies to bigger kids.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Field Trip! Both cargoes and the raglan. Great for boys and girls. I love the detail in the cargoes and the speed of the raglan. And I can make the cargoes into shorts and the raglan into a short sleeve tee for summer šŸ™‚ Last year I made 5 pairs of cargoes, one shorts and 4 pants, and four raglan tees!

LINK
    PreemieMomma @PreemieMomma

My go-to pattern year after year has been from a company called Romeo and Mae – the pattern is a reversible pinafore. Nothing special, just a classic, simple reversible pinafore. I love them because you can use up those one yard cuts of fabric you have in your stash…they’re cute in the summer worn as dresses on toddlers or with shorts or a skirt for little girls…layered with a long sleeve tee in the winter or a short sleeve tee in the spring…throw one on over jeans…they’re just easy to wear pieces. I couldn’t begin to guess how many I’ve made for my daughter over the past couple years.

My favorite O&S is jump rope. It’s time consuming for me, but enjoyable to sew.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Don’t forget to post links (if you can)!

LINK
    PreemieMomma @PreemieMomma

Here’s the link to the reversible pinafore pattern I mentioned from Romeo and Mae.

http://meylah.com/romeoandmae/toddler-sizes-olivia-reversible-pinafore-sewing-pattern-tutorial

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi
    LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

It’s so hard to choose a favorite. I have yet to find any line that I love as much as O+S. Within O+S, it is still tough to pick a favorite. I think probably Playtime. It’s so perfect for little girls! I’ve made four dresses and six pairs of leggings (three of those in jegging form). I also adore Ice Cream (I’ve made three tops and one dress) and Class Picnic (seven tops!!).

LINK
    bren5kids @bren5kids

This is the pattern I use most often for my girls http://www.chadwickheirlooms.com/products/ellis . It sews up very quickly and is kind of a blank canvas. I can do so many things with it. My girls only wear dresses, and I make them all, so I sew ALOT of dresses around here!

I don’t know if I can pick an absolute favorite. Without a doubt, O+S is my favorite childrens pattern company.

LINK
    Cat75 @Cat75

I’m not sure what my favorite pattern is. The ones I have made that get the most wear are the Class Picnic Shorts and the Badminton skort.

My son also loves the sleepover PJ bottoms made into PJ shorts (and just hemmed not cuffed).

Lately I’ve loved making the layette top. It’s quick, fun, and I get to use a hammer to put on the snaps. The boys like to help which makes it more fun.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Bren, that reminds me a bit of some of the Children’s Corner patterns — http://childrenscornerinc.com/wp/ kinda funny how they seem to have either very short Shirley Temple style dresses or more modest longer dresses.

Cat, that’s a great idea to make PJ shorts, we’re starting to get some hot weather.

About to make my first layette set this week, ordered the snaps, can’t wait to try!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I love little dresses with matching bloomers on chubby little toddlers-swoon!

How lovely that your girls like dresses Bren, I do too!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

It seems to be the look around here at the moment to dress the little girls in short dresses and bloomers – so cute!

LINK
    bren5kids @bren5kids

I do like some of the Childrens Corner patterns, Sarvi, although I don’t have any. I just read on their website that each size is printed separately instead of nested, how handy would that be !!

I like the short dress and bloomers look too, but my daughters are 6 and 8, so a little too old for that. And my 19 mo old is a boy…I’d be tempted, but I’m pretty sure my husband wouldn’t be impressed!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.