Oliver + S

You know you're raising a fabric/pattern snob when….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

your three year old says to you “Mommy, I want to wear my Nani Iro Bubble dress”…

Totally cracked me up today!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

That is awesome!

When Liddy was choosing her fabric for her Birthday dress she said she wanted linen as it falls nicely,she is turning 9!

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Wonderful – what perceptive daughters you are raising!

LINK
    sarahb @sarahb

Love it!

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Said by my 6 year old, “Do you think Heather (as in Ross) could make fabric with Patches (our kitten) and me on it? Crafty Chloe has made my daughter a huge Heather Ross fan.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Priceless juliamom.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ha! Our kids are so swanky. juliamom, let’s have a play date for our girls at the aquarium when the weather warms up, we can make them coordinating Nani Iro outfits, haha!

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

🙂 My five year old recently told her grandmother about an iphone case… “Susu I like the pink piping on your new phone.”

I grew up with my mom making most of my clothes out of high end, natural fibers and have vivid memories of “petting” the fabric in stores when I was really young. I’m still pretty picky about my own clothing.

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

Hey Sarvi – I’d totally be up for that! And, you know, this is warm weather compared to most of the U.S.!

LINK
    highpowermom @highpowermom

Where is the “like” button? Juliamom, LOL!

My four year old boy picks out his own fabric and while sometimes his opinion is terribly inconvenient, I’m pleased that he cares. And hoping that fulfilling his requests will cultivate a fondness for sewing and costuming with me. Now, I just have to figure out how to turn him into a train (because he couldn’t just be the conductor or engineer, sigh!)…

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Haha, mine also wanted to be a train!NOT a human associated with a train.

Juliamom, I do have some Nani Iro flannel, and knit ….. hm….

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

When you give a 3 year old a dress for her birthday and the first question is “Dose it have pockets?”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.