Oliver + S

Yoo Hoo, Anyone Made a Size 12?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I sewed up a size 12 Hula Hoop today and found the flounce was too big for the waist band if I folded the pleats on the transferred fold lines.

I was very careful with drafting and cut my notches as the pattern directed.

I would love some input on what I may have done incorrectly.

Thank you!

~Nicole~

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I made the size 12 but a while ago now. I think I just fiddled until it fit and maybe folded the flap a bit further. Sorry, I can’t be of more help. I do know that it was a snug fit and I am contemplating inserting a zip when I get to this pattern again.

Let me take some time to check the pattern and see if I can come up further ideas.

Tamara

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I folded the flounce back about 2.5 cm per fold and it fitted nicely.

I wondered about cutting a new waistband and adding the 10 cm to that?

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I have made it in size 16, yes I drafted up 2 sizes, and don’t remember having any problems. I have also made sizes 6m, 2, 4, and 10.

The only thing I remember about the patterned was being careful To cut the notches correctly. They had to be cut with both pieces the same way up not with right sides together.

10cm/4″ seems A lot to be out by especially on such a fitted Skirt.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you Heidi, I made sure I marked the notches.

I wonder if I messed up with using the same fabric (denim) and flipping it to get the colour variation?

I will be making the 12 again soon for another Birthday girl. Hopefully I will sort out where I went wrong.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.