Oliver + S

Yardage for just the pants?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    tatataterri @tatataterri

I should have taken note when I made a set at Christmas. Does anyone know how much fabric I need to make just the pants in a 3t and a 4? Can I get away with 3/4 of main and 1/4 of contrast?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

It really depends on the width and whether the fabric has a direction.

The smaller sizes are pretty slim…..

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I was looking at the sandbox, I know different pattern, but maybe you could get them out of just over 2 yds of main, it might be worth getting the patterns out and measuring to ckeck if you can get both pants pieces out of one width of 44″ fabric.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I happen to know that for size 8, I need 1 1/4 yards of wider farbic, but 2 1/2 of narrower fabric. The size 8 is just too wide for 42″ fabric, so I would have to guess that the smaller sizes would fit. I did not use contrast either, so you might be fine with 3/4 of main. The only way to know for sure is to get out the pattern pieces and measure. I do wish the yardage was given separately on the envelope.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.