Oliver + S

www.stitchsteals.com

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • LINK
    Aviatrix51 @Aviatrix51

This site is harmful to one’s pocketbook! It’s a deal a day website with fabric, crafts, patterns and yarn.

Today they have some nice fabric by Moda at 2.75 usd for a half yard. In the past steals site – they have more fabric and patterns and yarn.

I’m in big trouble with this site.

Kate

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Kate – stop!!!! lol!!!!!! (& yes, here I go to have a look!)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

You naughty girl! Now I have had to sign up for their email!

(thankyou)

xn

LINK
    nancy @dollfancier

Ooooh! I looked too! Just what I needed… I think. Actually, I love finding great steals on fabric by the top brands. Yum!

xoxo,

Nancy

LINK
    Aviatrix51 @Aviatrix51

Sorry to help enable all of you, but misery loves company!

=^..^=

Kate

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Yes, I looked!!! Signed up for email too! (wish I hadn’t looked because their deal for yesterday was some fabric that I already have – 2m of each!!!)

LINK
    Loralee @Loralee

Today’s ‘steal’ includes the City Weekend Quilt Kit!

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

Tempting. Any ideas about the different yardages in the kit?

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

erm, well, I was checking around on the Moda website to see if I could find a view of the pattern back, and this distracted me….

http://mordac.unitednotions.com/storefrontB2CWEB/browse.do?action=refresh_browse&ctg_id=182153

Love all the wovens, all the interlocks! And at least I have a couple months to decide between to the green and white laminates! Oh, good grief. I won’t survive this and grad school.

LINK
    Anonymous @

I thought it was tempting too and also wondered about the yardage…..though I’ve never made a quilt, so it would probably be a foolish purchase for me! It sure is adorable though!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

If it helps any, it comes in a cute little fabric drawstring bag made from the City Weekend fabric. I’ve got a kit that I’m saving for someday when I have time to quilt, and S has a finished quilt from the kit on her bed right now. It turns out really nicely.

Of course, the next collection has a really great quilt kit that’s fast and easy to make, so this could become a habit if you’re not careful…

LINK
    Anonymous @

Liesl – what would you say the level is on the kit? I’ve never made a quilt before but have been sewing garments. I’m about to embark on a quilt with a friend’s help, but it will be simpler than yours. Would love to get this, but I’m afraid to purchase it if it is something I can’t do!

LINK
    emstone @emstone

I just signed up. Wished that I could have snagged one of the City Weekend quilt kits. I am in need of something for my daighter’s big girl bed. I think this would look darling but I will have to hunt it down somewhere else!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Sorry–I didn’t see your question earlier.

This quilt is made with foundation piecing, so it’s a little different than ordinary patchwork, but the foundation method gives you better corners and helps too match up the bits that might be tricky otherwise. You can make it either by machine or by hand, so if you like to take a project along when you’re travelling or waiting for the kids at soccer practice, this is a good project.

I think some internet shops still have the kits if you do a search.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.