Oliver + S

Will the firefly fit over the Naturewalk pullover?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’m thinking of using the firfefly jacket as my base for making my Harry Potter robes. I was planing on using the naturewalk pullover as the Hogwarts grey jumpers (sweatshirts, sort of) but I’m not sure how slim the fit on the firefly and if it will fit over the naturewalk.

Thank you.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

What sizes are you making the costumes in Heidi? If you make the firefly jacket a bit bigger it should fit as I am not sure that it is one of those go-over-multi-layers type jackets. I can see where you are going with the idea though and I think it’s a good track to take.

I have printed this pattern out but am yet to explore it further so I can’t really give any other advice than that I’m afraid.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I made the size 12 for my slight 13 year old and the sleeves are a wee bit grippy over her school jersey.

If you use a slippery fabric for the lining that shouldn’t be a problem.

LINK

Thanks for the prompt replies, I’m probably making sizes, 12, 10(x2), 7, 6(x2) and 3T.

Nicole, where were the sleeves grippy ?, as I plan to extend the sleeves to make them very triangular and bell like. I think I am mainly concerned about how the shoulders fit.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

It was only a bit snug over her lower arm,plenty of room through the shoulders.

LINK

Thanks heaps Nicole (and your girl!). That should be fine for me then. I’ve also remembered another size 12 I’ll probably make! I’ll get good use from the pattern!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.