Oliver + S

which patterns for little babies?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Expecting a baby girl in October. I’m finding it hard to wait for my little girl to be up and walking, let alone be born. I want to start on the beautiful dresses now! However, realistically speaking new babies do spend most of their time lying about and they (and I) detest pulling anything over their fragile little heads. So I’m wondering which of the Oliver + S patterns might work for actualy baby clothes. I’m thinking of the Puppet show dress but making the buttons on the front for ease of dressing. I would appreciate any suggestions from those of you who have sewn more of the dresses.

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Hello!

I feel excited for you!

I think I’d go for bedtime story pyjamas in lovely prints. Kimono tops on little babies are adorable! Just think . . . not just able to make dresses but there’s a whole world of feminine fabric out there!

I also use the pyjama pants slightly adjusted to wear under dresses as bloomers.

I’d avoid the dresses with buttons on the back whilst so little. Tea party would be perfect.

Good luck! I wish your bump beautiful blessings!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Congratulations, I am so pleased for you!( when I found out I was having my daughter I nearly snogged the sonographer!)

The kimono tops are a great idea, the sailboat pants are very sweet and could be worn as long pants to shorts( and someone has posted an excellent method of lining them in the forums , lizbeth?)

I am a huge fan of the Playdate and that only has one back neck button.

Sarvi suggested the Sailboat top and lengthening it, I think that is a great idea, you could make a narrow hem in the hem facing and run ribbon through it to draw in and keep little legs warm.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I made several Tea Party dresses for my girl, especially when she was really small. They’re fun to sew, easy to layer and most of all beautiful! I’ve been making a few now for girlfriends that are expecting baby girls this year. I haven’t tried the puppet show yet and don’t have the play date, but know you won’t be sorry with the Tea Party. For non-dresses, the sailboat is great too. Made lots of those too and getting ready to work on more for this year’s cool weather! Good luck and congrats again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.