Oliver + S

Which patterns can I make with less than a yard?

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Oh, that’s frustrating, I had just assumed that I could up load a PDF as its a type of image file (I thought). hmm, back to the drawing board. I might make mine in a program that produces jpeg images.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I got a short sleeved 2+2 blouse out of my 1 yard cut of Lisette lawn, size 3. Now I’ve come across some stashed small cuts of Heather Ross Far Fary Away I double gauze!! I bought it up when I found out #3 was finally a girl but never made baby clothes from it. I have one piece that’s just a half yard and another piece that’s 1 yard. It needs to be made up now! Because the fabric is so precious, I’d like to do it in such a way that I can get two years out of them. or more, if that’s even remotely possible. Hmmm…..

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

How about the badminton top? Make it long so it is a dress/tunic this year and a shirt next year.

LINK

What about the icecream dress? use the fabric for the middle section. A dress this year and tunic next? I think julia’smum did it.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I don’t think I can get Ice Cream out of just the one yard. It’s kind of a fabric hog becasue the pieces are so large. I could get Roller Skate, but am starting to wonder exactly how many of those she really needs! 🙂 I could also do Music Box with a less full skirt.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

I got a size 8, 2+2 blouse of of 1 yard of fabric. You have to use the short sleeve version. I made the back one piece rather than two, so now button placket up the back. And you have to run some of the pieces in the wrong direction. I was working with a yard of Heather Ross double gauze frogs.

LINK

Ah, I didin’t realise the pieces were such fabric hogs in the ice cream, as I’ve not made it. How about the swing set top?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Is it directional Melanie?

Would a Tea Party work?

I adore that dress.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I just made a 3T summer nightgown out of a remnant (not sure how big the piece was, maybe 32″) of Lisette lawn.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

It’s the frogs I have just a yard of. I have a half yard of the snails and two whole sinful yards of unicorns. I think I’ll save the unicorns for next year as two yards should be plenty for something good.

Nicole, I only have the small tea party that goes up to 24months so she’s long grown out of it. She is measuring a size 4 in the chest right now! My tiny baby. Sniff. (I should probably mention she’s really never been my tiny anything as she entered the world at 9lbs. 6oz and still has a head in the 100th percentile.)

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Only the yoke section of the Ice Cream is a bit of a fabric hog; the other pieces are fine – especially if you use a different piece for the underside of the bottom panel. My latest IC was a size 4, and I think with some coodinating fabric you should be fine, Mel. See what happens when you lay it out. Tip: as we know the IC is a very roomy dress – you may be able to get away with a Size 3, and lengthen it. Best of luck!

PS: My youngest niece came into the world at nearly 10lbs; as she was the third for my sister in law, she was the last.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.