Oliver + S

Which pajamas do you prefer?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I think I might make some flannel pjs for my girls for the winter and I’m trying to decide between the Sleepover and the Bedtime Story pjs. I’m leaning towards Bedtime Story because it takes less fabric, but was wondering whether anyone has made both and has a preference. I could see the side tie getting untied – wonder whether I could do a resin snap there instead.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Ooooh, tricky question and one I have debated myself.

I *think* Bedtime story win because of the unique kimono styling. I definitely like the bottoms better on this particular pattern more.

But…. the Sleepover is pretty jolly cute too and the sizing is bigger!

PS I find fabric ties stay done up but if you use ribbon they come loose,

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

I don’t have the Sleepover pattern but I do really like the Bedtime Story PJs.:) You could easily do a snap instead of a tie. Several people have done it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandiknowles/4645570957/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92228897@N00/3582310135/

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

I made the bedtime story for a 3 year-old. He couldn’t tie or untie himself. If you are making them for a young child, I would definitely do a snap rather than a tie.

LINK
    nanasews @nanasews

I made 4 pairs of pjs for grandsons from these patterns. Both are really cute, but I prefer the Sleepover pattern because it seemed to come together better. I had trouble with the facing on the kimono of the Bedtime–a little tricky if you are using flannel rather than a light cotton. I think the only major benefit of the Bedtime is time: it’s quick project to finish.

LINK
    sewitbe @sewitbe

I just finished my first ever clothing pattern! It’s the kimono pjs from Oliver and S ! I am very happy with these !

LINK
    sewitbe @sewitbe
    LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Oh these are so adorable! I never would have guessed it was your first project! (Love the rick rack so much on these!)

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

They came out great!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

So cute and great work, Sewitbe!

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

I like the Bedtime Story for smaller people. The Sleepover appeals more to my older children. When my son was 2 I did snap tabs instead of ties. Helps with the “untie” factor on a busy toddler.

LINK
    aprilshowers @aprilshowers

I can’t compare the two for you because I’ve only made the Sleepovers but I have completed that pattern 5 times and am currently working on # 6, 7 and 8. So, clearly, I love the pattern! With these current 3 sets, I’ll have made the entire range of sizes from 12mo – 8. My kids love that they can assist in picking out the buttons and can button them themselves. And I suspect that an older child might balk at the kimono style (at least my daughter would). I’ve done them all in flannel with quilting cotton for the facings.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Cuteness on those pjs, Sewitbe. I am following because I have neither pattern and am paralyzed by indecision. 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Very cute pjs!

I love them both, they are great patterns.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

I prefer the adorableness of sleepover pjs…..but I plan to make more bedtime story….with adjustments like snaps for insode tie because its harder to get off for the kid and easier for us to do up.

I like the pants on the sleepover because its easier to get multiple seasons out of it because of the cuffs.

It doesn’t help that maria is growing like a weed and out of her clothes every 3 to 6 months.

*note to self….buy/make more school pants. Le sigh*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.