Oliver + S

Where to lengthen the legs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

My granddaughter is 2.5 years old 34 lbs 39.5 inches tall. her waist is 19 and chest 20. I cut out a size size 3 with size 3 length based on her weight because the size 4 looked so much longer on the pattern. I basted on the cuff and the pajamas inseam is 14 with the cuff folded up. I am concerned they will be too short, her inseam for pants is 16.5 inches. Any ideas how to fix this pair (I have them cut out and the side seams sewn together)? For the next pair should I cut out the pattern for the size 4 length or add length in the middle of the leg like a pair of pants?

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

1. I would just unfold the cuff, and have her wear them that way for this pair, unless you’d like to re-cut the cuff pieces longer, and then I think you could add some length to the pants through the cuff.

2. Since you already have this size traced, I would probably try to add length to the pants for the next pair, instead of tracing out the four. According to Leisl’s tutorial, the right place to lengthen them would be 1/2 way between the crotch and the hem. (http://www.oliverands.com/blog/2010/02/lengthening-and-shortening-a-pattern.html)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Johanna is absolutely spot on!

Often pajamas are cut with enough ease that adding length to the hem will work too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.