Oliver + S

What's on your wish list this Christmas?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Ok, I know halloween is only JUST over and done with and you are all gearing up for the next round of holiday festivities but the attention here in Australia has already turned to Christmas. We are seeing all things decorations and lay by now for Christmas in the shops down under and pretty soon they will start playing Christmas tunes (just so we can run out of the store to save the ears).

For Christmas this year I have decided to make things for my family as much as time can afford. But what do I put on MY wish list?

It could be rather extensive but seeing as my birthday falls in the same month the list is kinda shared between the two.

So on the list could be…

Yardage – Absolutely! I will have some of every print of the Scrumptious range please.

Notions – a new teflon quilting mat (because mine is now very damaged)

Pre cuts – always great for little fast projects

Patterns and books – I am still waiting for my copy of “the art of manipulating fabric”, Colette patterns and of course I’d love to try Liesl’s new ones out.

Furniture – another ikea table would be fab. Extra room to spread out a bit with three machines.

Craftsy classes! There is this new jeans one I would love to do not to mention a multitude of others.

And I think that’s the lot for now. Of course it will change a bit between now and then but as you can see the list is sewing oriented – my perfect list.

So, what’s on YOUR wish list for Christmas this year?

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Tamara,

I was also thinking about posting Christmas stuff here but thought that before Halloween might be a bit early too! We already have Christmas carols being played here!

Some accessories for my new Bernina B380

– walking foot

– Barbie wardrobe storage box

Coverstitch machine

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I am really, really trying to keep spending down — that said, I am wishing for a Thermapen and that’s really about it. It’s been a busy and expensive holiday season already, and I’m kind of sick of Stuff. I would love more intangibles, like trips, concerts…

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I think I would like to take a Craftsy class. Either a drafting one or the couture one. I have also informed everyone in the family that few things are guaranteed to please more than gift cards for fabric.com or girlcharlee.com. I don’t really need any more equipment, save a new bobbin holder, although when we move home I will likely need to purchase storage modules and do some creative cabinet-hanging in order to make a decent sewing space.

I got a DSLR last year, though, and was thinking I’d like an external flash.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Someone spent way too much on the kids already this year. (who me?!?) So I will not be asking for anything, other than a new house. ; )

But if I really ask for anything

-a pleater

-overlock machine

-some dreamy fabric

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Sephora gift card.

mood gift card

fabric.com gift card

oliver and s gift card

Barnes and noble gift card.

🙂

LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

Oh man, I dream of a day when I can go to Sephora and just start over with all my makeup. I mean, brushes and everything. I love that place so much.

LINK
    Rebecca W @craftalittle

Sarvi- I have a Thermapen- I love it. It was worth every single penny. I bought it 11 years ago after interning with Cooks Illustrated and using them in the kitchens there. It is a seriously wonderful thing. Easily one of my top 5 kitchen tools. I hope you get it!!

LINK
    Anonymous @

Ha – at first I thought you said that you want a Theremin, Sarvi!

I would love to receive:

pen style Chaco liner

new fabric shears

fabric blade and interfacing for my Silhouette

camera bag

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Two weeks by the beach with a fridge full of brie, grapes and bubbly.

I am very easy to please.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Robin @Robin

I’m with Sarvi on the experiences rather than gifts this year, but I would not turn my nose down at fabric. I’d like an empty, clean house where I could sew all day and into the night. You are all welcome to join. Food of course would magically appear when needed and our patterns would already be traced.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

What I’d REALLY like for Christmas/2014 is a new carpet (!!) as the present one is over 20 years old, and showing its age. I’ve expended an enormous amount of work looking after it all this time which is why it’s still pretty good, but it’s pile is as flat as tack. Of course, I would also like a team of helpers to pack up my stuff, move furniture, and put everything back when it’s laid.

I would the coming summer not to bring too many really hot days, ( a bit of an ask in Adelaide) but this is a Christmas wish list, and I would really like Xmas to be postponed about 6 weeks so that I have a chance of accomplishing the sewing I’ve in mind for gifts.

Speaking generally, I would love it if Xmas decs, advertising, songs etc didn’t commence til the very end of November, and Easter stuff not to appear anywhere until at least the end of February. It always annoys me to see Hot X buns and chocolate on sale by mid January – especially in Australia’s climate. Who buys chocolate eggs (and where do they store them) in high summer?

A holiday (of any kind) would be great, a gift card for next season’s O+S patterns (because we all know they will be wonderful), and the energy and inspiration to make the most of my existing fabric in wonderful outfits for all the kidlets I sew for.

What is a thermapen? It sounds very intriguiging.

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

I’ve got a husband and 3 adult kids who have JOBS! So, there’s no excuse for me not having a great Christmas….to encourage this to happen, I’m giving them all my Amazon wishlist, which includes:

-coverstitch machine

-various feet for my machine that I don’t already have

-patternmaking/drafting books

Really, not too much to ask for!!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh yeees! A girl after my own heart Janice! Except I have a coverstitch machine (which was a present from me to me! And not for Christmas) they are fabulous to have even though this is where the extra table comes in – poor things a bit squished up in the corner.

You know Fiona, carpet has it’s perks but I have seen carpet older than twenty years and I bet yours looks pristine compared to that specimen on antiquity! I think it would be perfect to give your place a freshen up with carpet.

Now I am off to google thermapen.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Ooooh! A thermometer that has bells and whistles! Very handy indeed!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.