Oliver + S

What will you do with this pattern? (Book Report)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

I was immediately taken by Book Report as a way of using pieces from my stash that aren’t big enuf for whole dress/trousers. I’m thinking top portion in corduroy with floral/plaid bottom or vice versa. I’m a quilter with much too much fabric, and the possibilities of pairing stripes with flowers or plaids with plains reassures me that all all the lovely smaller pieces of fabric I’ve bought over the years, will finally find a good home in useful, multi-purpose outfits for my friends’ grandchildren.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Jeanne posted a gorgeous version she made with a cotton top and cord skirt, as you describe. It’s beautiful and I think great for quilters with lots of partially-used yardage, or people like me who didn’t think about the fact that their kids would outgrow 1-yard cuts long before they sewed through their stash!

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

How do I find the BR dress that Jeanne posted, please? Don’t know anything about navigating my way around Flickr. Tried searching but drew a blank for ‘Jeanne’ – found lots of other helpful pictures, however.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Here you are my love http://www.flickr.com/photos/po-prior/7965318606/in/contacts/ ,it is a lovely one.

~Nicole~

LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

It really does use quite a small bit of fabric. And I can’t wait to do a little experimenting… I am thinking maybe a plaid and a stripe, a la this Oscar de la Renta jacket and dress combo at top:

http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2012/09/oscar-de-la-renta-spring-2013-collection.html

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Funny, I would never have thought to combine those — but of course when you know what you’re doing it looks amazing.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Thank you, Nicole (motherof5) for posting link to beautiful BR outfit in pink by nightknitter. Yesterday, I ordered Book Report, Music Box, and Family Reunion patterns from O+S, and the wonderful photos on Flickr are almost like having another pattern instruction sheet for each pattern. And I love the idea of plaid and stripe together; proportion of both would need careful selection for this pattern I think (speaking as a quilter).

Thank you ladies for your generosity.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.