Oliver + S

What pins do you use?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I just bought new pins. They are worse than the old ones! This was very disappointing as I had bought a good brand (birch) and spent more than I would normally (normally buy really cheap ones). I have just used them to pin the last quarter of the Secret agent trench and now have a very sore finger from forcing them through the fabric (this is after throwing out the worst ones).

All I want in a pin is that it goes into the fabric easily and pushes out the other side easily! Is this too much to ask???

Please help me, What pins do you use that work really well?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I use the long white and yellow headed pins from Spotlight. I think they may be quilting? So sharp they make you cry when you stab your self!

I have some pearl headed ones I use for tutorials but they are as good as useless(but ever so purty)

LINK
    Jane @jesims

I use the long thin quilting pins too. I think they might be Dritz. I find quilting pins are sharper than the ones sold as “dressmaker” pins.

LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

I’ve not bought any yet, but these are two glass-head varieties I have on my Amazon wish list:

http://www.amazon.com/Wright-Products-Glass-Head-Pins-150/dp/B000AM7YJI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2060G46693XV6&colid=19F3V2XRLQXLH

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I use the quiter’s pin as well. The are longer and sharper than the other pins.

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

I buy the cheapy Dritz brand ones from Joann’s. When they’re new they don’t pin smoothly but after a swipe through the pincushion they are much better. I have no idea why that it is, but it…it is!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I have some thin glass head onse that I use for thinner fabrics, but nearly all the time now I use these from Patty Young: http://modkidboutique.com/kits.html

Like Nicole’s though, these suckers will make you tear up and cuss when you poke yourself.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oooh,and when they go under your finger nail!!!!!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Haha, best not to discuss those bad moments. That bring back phantom pains!!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Thanks for all your feedback. Nicole, I saw the yellow and white ones at spotlight so I might get some of them. Thanks for the warnings about how sharp some of the pins are, although it dose hurt when, it gives me hope that there are pins that go easily into fabric! Thank you all.

LINK
    buttonup @buttonup

I use IRIS Super fine pins. Extra-long (11/4″) nickel-plated hardened steel pins with super sharp points. Especially good for all fine fabrics – won”t leave holes or bend out of shape. They are made in Switzerland.

Find them at http://www.schmetzneedles.com

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.