Oliver + S

What Fabric have you Recently Purchased ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Miranda’s suggestion for a topic , I think it is a ripper !

I have a box winging its way to my home from http://www.quilthome.net full of City Weekend. To give you an idea of how much I ordered….. I can not remember what I ordered ! Over-shopping amnesia ! ( To be accurate , they have sent it in two boxes )!

LINK
    shasta @shasta

Oh, great topic! I also have two boxes making their way across the sea (to China). One from Fat Quarter Shop with City Weekend (knit cafe dots in green and yellow for Nature Walk pants and two cotton prints for a pullover) and the second from Pink Chalk with Alexander Henry cotton lawn (for me!), Jenean Morrison and a cute Japanese fabric.

Does anyone know of an online store that ships thread internationally? It’s one of the things I can’t locate here (only those big cones for industrial machines) and I’m terrified of running out of it!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

You could try Rosie @ http://www.sewingselections.com.au she is very obliging and sells rasant thread which is very good quality!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

hmmmm – I like this topic! I am waiting on my city weekend order (only 2.5 yds of the kints!) from Fat Quarter shop, some knit fabric from an Australian shop (to practice on before I cut my city weekend), some echino fabric to make a pair of sandbox shorts & some Monaluna mingle fabric to make yet more shorts! Oh yeah, and some kei honeycomb fabric to make another shirt with!!

LINK
    isewstuff @isewstuff

After my daughter tried to dismantle a display at our local fabric store to get to a receiving blanket made with City Weekend knit, I decided I’d better buy some. It is the most amazing knit I’ve ever felt! I can’t wait to use it, but I’d better get the Halloween sewing done first *grumble*.

LINK
    Loralee @Loralee

Ooooh! I just went shopping for fabrics at my favorite local store, Sew to Speak, and bought fabric to make 6 O+S items. Happy, happy camper, here. I made a promise not to buy more fabric than I can currently work on so I must get busy. Let’s see… I bought the fabulous Heather Ross Far Far Away in the rapunzel print to make a sailboat top with dark brown velveteen for pants. The brown will also be a skirt, which one I do not know yet! Robert Kaufman 21 wale corduroy in Kelly Green with a bright argyle fabric for the trim (Also kaufman) to make a Sunday Brunch jacket and skirt. Stretch corduroy in a soft blush with for sandbox pants. Plus, the sandbox pattern to add to my stash. All for around $100! I think that’s pretty thrifty. Now, I just need to get the pants done quickly since the kiddos are wearing floods. Eek! How does that happen so quickly. We just tried everything on last weekend. :

And, they have a ton of polka dot City Weekend that I just have to go back to get. 😉

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

I placed an order at The Fabric Fairy on Friday. I purchased several twills, one of which will definitely be used for Sandbox Pants for my son and a few random knits and wovens that have no definite plans so far. It’s been months since I made a fabric purchase. I’ve been trying to sew from my stash and have been doing a pretty good job!

LINK
    janimal @janimal

I went to Purl Soho in Manhattan last month, and purchased some Liberty of London cotton. It is so pretty, and was so spendy, that I am just enjoying looking at it right now! I also got some City Weekend Treetop there which was cool because it hadn’t gone out to other stores yet.

A few weeks ago, I visited Whipstitch Fabrics here in Atlanta and had a little fabric shopping frenzy. Seriously I could have bought anything and everything in the shop – it was ALL awesome. Besides some City Weekend knits, I bought some Anna Maria Horner Innocent Crush Woodcut in Passion.

AND….

Willow Grove in Chartreuse by Alexander Henry (someone here said they made pants from Willow Grove) which I think coordinates well with the City Weekend knit – so I am looking for something to put them together! Also some Willow Wren which I used to line a purse I made with the Innocent Crush stuff. Ummm, I also bought Go By Bike by Erin McMorris for Free Spirit while I was there, and two other fabrics. I seriously went a bit shopping nuts in there.

I am just finishing a jacket in Alexander Henry Tillbrook Toadstool in green lined with soft City Weekend knit in yellow. All bought on that same spree at Whipstitch. I have to find some buttons and I am excited to show that off!

I really wanted Merry Mainstreet by Alexander Henry. But it’s Christmas themed and we’re Jewish and I just have no project for it. But I still love it. Someone please buy some and post pictures!

LINK
    Anonymous @

Nothing as exciting as you folks I’m afraid! I bought some owl and stripe knits at JoAnn – Clara wanted dresses, but I may declare the owl one a night gown. She’s wanting one and I suspect it will look like one with the busy print. We’ll see. I also ordered some Alexander Henry Starling in pink recently. I’m saving it for spring time. It’s been hard to find the pink so I was excited to buy it right away. I think it will make a very pretty spring dress.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Hey, I just washed that Starling pink!!! I bought it about 12 months ago and have just done a huge load of fabric washing! (Going to use it for a skirt for myself!!)

LINK
    claireabel @claireabel

Janimal I am so jealous of your trip to Purl.

I had a lovely few hours kid-free on Saturday, so I headed to my local fabric shop. I got some lovely baby pink and raspberry pink voile, and the lovliest, drapiest coral coloured linen (swoon!). I’m going to make some puppet show shorts for my little girl, and a dress. Just not sure which pattern yet.

I am eagerly awaiting the release of the Echino Fall collection too.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oh dear!

After placing a LARGE order for City Weekend , I have just received a coupon offering me 25% off…. you guessed it , City Weekend !

Can you hear that noise ? Thats me quietly weeping.

LINK
    claireabel @claireabel

Nicole you should contact them. Mum runs an online fabric shop and often gets lots of emails from recent customers when she advertises sales. If the customer has spent a lot, or is a regular customer she will often refund them the discount, or send them a little something special. It can’t hurt!

LINK
    shasta @shasta

My City Weekend fabric just arrived from Fat Quarter Shop! And it is just as lovely as everyone says. I, too, found myself petting it. I ordered from Fat Quarter Shop for the first time and highly recommend them — especially for international orders. It arrived here in China exactly two weeks after I ordered it and let’s just say that I love the way they filled out the customs form (although we haven’t been charged any duties yet, I’m just waiting for it…). I only wish I had ordered more — especially the knits!

Nicole, I hope the store will refund you the discount! I would be weeping too.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thanks for that tip Claire , I have sent a polite little note, not asking for anything , but just mentioning that I am a little disappointed to have missed that sale. I would have bought more fabric !

Thanks Shasta!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.