Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,596 through 5,610 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

@motherof5 the outfit your girls designed is fabulous! Can’t wait to see it on you ๐Ÿ™‚

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@roundtheworldgirl , thank you. I hope I don’t look like mutton dressed as organic lamb ๐Ÿ˜‰

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’ve got some in process photos of the Appleton Dress.
    Notes: I’m 6’2″, Pear shape with a large bust, HB 39″ B 44″, W36″, H48″. This is a straight size 18 C/D. I added 4″ to the bodice between the armhole and the waist and I adjusted the neck band to fit the new neckline.
    The dress is unhemed and still has the stabiliser I was using on the front and sleeves under the coverstitch.
    I recommend this dress if you usually have to do a FBA, it’s as easy to make as a Liesl dress!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Looks perfect for a pear 😉 This must be her first pattern release as I can’t see any others.

LINK

Yes, it’s her first pattern. She’s specifically designing for curves, larger busts and larger sizes. It works well on my (proportionlly) short waisted pear shape, better with the waist ties at the back than the front. So nice to make only one pattern adjustment rather than lots!
    Tamara, it would also be nursing friendly ๐Ÿ™‚

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

@with-love-heidi it looks fantastic! I especially love that close fit at the chest – no slipping or gaping! This has definitely landed the pattern on my wish list. Even at my thinnest I am in the smallest size, right now I’d need to go up, so it seems a good investment.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh yes it does😀 And it would be nursing friendly (not like a rtw cross over top I tried nursing in and the tiny press stud popped off first go😱. Thank goodness for Aunties with safety pins😜). I think I need it😉.

I think I also need to (seriously) trace the 12-18 month size of the puppet show shorts as (sigh!) I finally finished the (very cute if I say so myself) pair of puppet shows short that was meant to be for the monochrome project. I hate to say it but the baby has hips already😱 Because it was like trying on Cinderella’s slipper!

I will work on tracing the next size after kcw because that is next on the list. Not following the theme, just sewing up a storm!

LINK

I have a 4 day long weekend! I hope today I can finish off the Art Museum vest and hem my Appleton dress. And maybe make a Jalie Bella dress. I hope over this weekend I might be able to finish off my nieces quilt, it’s the last one of 4 tops I made nearly 5 years ago.
    And tomorrow I get to help my nephew sew I himself a new onesie!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Wow! Lots of sewing Heidi. Lucky you for having a four day weekend! I am sewing along with kids clothes week and have so far made two Seashore dresses and bloomers to match. I have some fabric ready to layout with the Birthday party dress on the cutting table which is the next project and after that I hope to have at least one bubble dress made. All of them will have matching bloomers. I feel productive and I love that I am actually getting some sewing done.

LINK

Oh, dresses with matching boomers are so cute!
    Art Museum finished and put in the flicker pool. Now onto hemming my dress ๐Ÿ™‚

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Just saw the vest Heidi and it looks stunning!

I have laid out my birthday party dress pieces on the remnant of fabric left over from a ballsedup fairy tale dress for Imogen a few years ago. This time the dress will work. I can’t wait as, like the seashore sundresses, it has been dancing around in this noggin for a little while so its time to make it a reality. K have decided to do contrast for the facings and that will tie in the bloomers better as they are in a contrasting fabric also.

LINK

Very productive day ๐Ÿ™‚
    Art Museum Vest – finished
    Appleton dress – finished
    Jalie Bella dress – started
    Jalie onesie – cut, ready to go for my nephew tomorrow
    It was rather frustrating when the coverstitch machine are the Jalie Bella sleeves.Thankfully I have enough to recut them although I’m considering adding pink sleeves and backhand as it’s a black and grey print in size 2.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I am putting the finishing touches to my birthday party dress. I used the elastic measurements from the layette pattern to use for the elastic on the seashore bloomers and it was a little long. I couldn’t get the whole length to go into the casing! So had to take a bit off and in exchange got the right amount of gather on the leg and waist (not gathered on half the waistline and the rest flat and looking odd).

I have done the buttonholes on the dress but haven’t yet sewn the buttons. That is the third two piece for the week which is a real feat for me. I hope to finish the week of kcw sewing with at least one bubble dress.

LINK

Well done Tamara!
    I helped my nephew sew about half of his new onesie, we were covered in bits of black and yellow fluff from the coral fleece. He did really well, including inserting the zip and making pockets.
    Then my niece, who is 6, unpicked (by herself) the straps on the bag she made a few weeks ago. And reattached them, and the Velcro, to the bag in better positions for what she wanted! So impressed by her ๐Ÿ™‚
    It’s much more to tiring supervising kids at the machine than sewing myself but so very rewarding ๐Ÿ™‚

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I might have to book my daughter in for sewing lessons with someone else. She sat and watched as I showed her how to thread it and how to fill the bobbin but that was the extent of it all. She has been using her charm pack to practise sewing straight and making them into basic bags. She wants to sew something for Chloรซ but in true teen style, she will want to do it solo without me showing her the basics of cutting fabric etc. I am thinking the sunny day shorts would be a good place to start.

I take my hat off to you Heidi for actually being able to teach the young people in your family to sew. And to the kids for sitting down and taking note of what Aunty Heidi says. I hope to have better luck with Chloรซ when she’s old enough (Noah won’t have a bar😕 But if I mention a new onesie he might😜). Of course I wasn’t allowed to go near my mum’s machine when I was the kids’ ages – I made barbie clothes with blanket stitch using no pattern so I can completely see where Imogen gets it from.

Meanwhile, I am about to photograph these seashore dresses and the Birthday party dress to include in the flickr group and then get on with drafting the next size for the bubble dress. I have some left over liberty pepper that I am hoping I can use with it and some really pretty cambridge lawn from Lincraft which is one of the oldest fabrics in my stash (I bought it back when Lincraft had really beautiful fabrics and had many stores in Perth). The bloomers are cut and almost finished sewn so it is just a matter of these dresses. The will bring the total for the week to five two piece outfits – wow!

Viewing 15 posts - 5,596 through 5,610 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.