Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,176 through 5,190 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Lynn @linusknits

I am new to the discussion posts, but I have posted a few photos to FLickr (Linusknits)of recent (and not so recent) creations. I am currently sewing a badminton dress as a nightgown, based upon recent recommendation in a discussion thread. I spent an hour researching vintage patterns, then came upon a recent threat about summer night gowns. I am excited to use this pattern, as I’ve had it for some time, unused. _Lynn

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Welcome Lynn, I will be looking forward to seeing a photo of your completed badminton nightgown.

I am up to setting in the sleeves on the puppet show dress.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Another insomnia-drivn late night at the machine. I learned last week not to attempt anything other than the dead simple at tht time of night, so I made another maternity top and skirt. I made the last two tops super simple with no ruching in hopes that I can also use them during those first post partum weeks when nothing else fits.

LINK
    lilypadmontana @lilypadmontana

Finally started on some layette for my June boy! First up is the lullaby layette set plus a pilot cap. I’m. So. Excited. šŸ™‚

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Can’t wait to see it, Amanda!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Sounds wonderful!

Hope you manage to get some rest Masha! Not long now.

I pinned the sleeves into the puppet show dress last night a d could have basted them also (had I known my bedroom was being used to play ipad monopoly in) but I was just too tired. So now that baby girl is down for a nap (which hopefully is longer than last time) I will make sure I drag myself in there to attempt the task – which I normally enjoy but not at the moment (the sleeve sewing that is not sewing in general). I am wishing I had lengthened them.

LINK
    lilypadmontana @lilypadmontana

Nicole Thanks for the sizing tip (on the skirt thread) for the lullaby layette bodysuit. It’s already basically done (just needs snaps) in 0-3 months from a knit fabric so it should accommodate the fluffy cloth diaper bum. I’ll have to remember to size up any woven ones I make!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@lilypadmontana, my pleasure. Sarvi & Colette sent me some divine hailspot muslin and I made one for Trixie. She is still wearing the blouse and bottoms but grew out of the bodysuit very quickly.
    It was fine over a disposable for a bit longer. I actually gave it away in a sewing store. The owner was raving about Beatrix’s outfit and she promptly went online and purchased the Lullaby Layette pattern. Her very pregnant daughter was in store and loved it too, so I pulled the bodysuit out of my nappy bag and gave it to her.

Biter sweet but I was very glad to see it going to a new home.

I am up to sewing the waistband onto the Jedediah ‘jeans’ I am sewing for my husband. They are looking good but my hands are suffering from shaping the heavy bull denim.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Finished the jeans and they fit really well, I am so pleased.
    I ended up taking 20cms from the leg and added a few cm’s to the waist but they look really good and he likes them.
    Win!

Next up a KwikSew polo top and some knit shorts for Jed.

And then some exciting sewing, a hot pink linen Garden Party dress for a special OS, O+S sweet girl.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

The puppet show dress with madeira app.ique hem is pretty much done. I just have to do the buttons andshe can wear it. I have a half made corduory puppet show on the table at the moment which I really wanted to finish for our city trip but won’t now. It can wait to be finished when we return.

I had the shock of my life this evening whilst trying to pack Noah for the city. He’s practically grown out of everything! We will have to do some serious clothes shopping I think! Dress pants and a nice shirt is top of the list!

More’s the deal, I spent some time trying to decide what to make myself to wear to an event in two weeks time. Chloe is the only one of us who is sorted!

I have some floral sateen and shot silk dupion (left overs from my wedding actually) that I thought might be alright for a skirt and top but I am not completely decided on what pattern, probably one of the new Lisette ones. I had my heart set on the fit and flare dress but I don’t think I have the time to sort out how to make it nursing compatible.

Might have to attach a picture….

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

I taught two sections of lecture, one of lab, cooked dinner, and finished two pairs of shorts yesterday. I feel like a rockstar!! I love familiar o+s patterns. They take all the guesswork out of the equation! Next up two pairs of shorts for my boy…then I’ll have some wiggle room in the laundry rotation.

LINK
    Lucy @Lucy

Hi everyone, I’ve been sewing (and sewing Oliver and S patterns) for five years but this is my first time posting on the discussion threads.
    Most recently I finished a corduroy version of the Hide and Seek dress (all in a single colour because the pattern B fabric turned out to be disappointing). I’ve posted a photo on Instagram (lucysews) as I’m not sure if I can post it here.

Next project is either the oft-sewn Seashore sundress or the Forest Path cape if I can use the beautiful quilted fabric I just received.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Welcome Lucy!
    I am keen to see the LTTS cape in a quilted fabric.

I am sewing a polo shirt for my husband but after that I have 1/2 dozen nurses capes to make for the school students for ANZAC day. They should be nice and quick, the pattern is based on a boomerang pillow case.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Welcome Lucy, the Forrest path sounds wonderful in pre quilted fabric.
    I’ve had a very busy week, we just got home from a 4 day camping trip! hopefully today I’ll get back to the machines and finish the embellishment of my dress and the hems šŸ™‚

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I have to take my machine in for repairs šŸ™ I got thread caught around the balance wheel and can’t get it out.
    I’ll be sewing on the overlocker and coverstitch for a few days.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,176 through 5,190 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.