Oliver + S

Waistband instructions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    HeidiP @HeidiP

Hi,

I’ve just started making the sandbox pants for my son and I can not for the life of me work out why I had to ‘cut 2 on fold’ of the waistband. Am I misreading the instructions?

If anyone can point me in the right direction or set me straight, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Heidi

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

The waistband can be made with a contrasting lining,thats why it is cut in two pieces.

It looks very snappy!

LINK
    HeidiP @HeidiP

If you did a contrast lining wouldn’t that make it really wide? I can’t see how a lining would work as the pattern piece is 8cm wide, so if you join them together to make the lining then the band would end up being about 6cm wide.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Yes,but don’t you stitch a casing to run the elastic and draw string through?

It is a while since I have made these,perhaps check the errata.

I am sorry if I have given you the wrong info.

Nicole

These are mine http://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/5104020110/ ,sorry I cannot remember better!

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

something is coming to me about there being an error – I think you are just meant to cut one – I cut my patterns so long ago that I have forgotten what the original pattern said but it may have been wrong. I just did 6 pairs and although it is a bit of a blurr of sleeplessness I am almost certain there was only one piece…

LINK
    Violaisabelle @Violaisabelle

There is an errata for this pattern. Only one piece is needed. There is also another errata. If you go to this link, go to the bottom of the page and click on “errata” you will see what issues there are for that pattern. https://oliverands.com/patterns/pants/patterns2.phtml

Carol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.