Oliver + S

Very Stuck on Collar Stand and Collar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Chey @Chey23

I am doing this shirt as my first ever button-down and am having trouble with the collar. My collar stand is significantly longer than the shirt neckline, and I also feel that the shirt neckline is going to be quite tight if it buttons at all. (I need it to button I will be wearing a bow tie with it).
    I am wondering if I did the front placket right. I did view A and cut the required inch off the front panel piece then adding the front placket for A. Was I not supposed to cut that front piece or—-? I am doing the sew along on the blog as well as the actual instructions but I am so lost. Thanks so much to anyone who can help me.

LINK
    Chey @Chey23

I think I figured out what I did wrong. I seem to have cut my pattern on the line that is meant to cut out the placket. I think I can figure out how to do it over.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Oh, I hope so! There is a sew-along for this one if it helps. https://oliverands.com/community/blog/2017/05/liesl-co-classic-shirt-sew-along.html

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2019. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.