Oliver + S

Using Denim for the SS Skirt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

Hi, Liesl – I was cutting out some denim for the Swingset Skirt tonight and had a question… I thought posting it to the forum might help others, too. I was going to line it with linen, but now I’m concerned it will make the skirt too heavy. How do you suggest doing the drawstring waistband if I didn’t line it – would I add a waistband piece? I really like that particular feature for how soft and comfortable it ends up being on the waistline, plus I do not want to lose length by folding it over and doing a casing.

It probably won’t be that big of a deal to line with linen, but thought I would ask.

LINK
    Lizabeth @Lizabeth

what weight of linen are you using? handkerchief weight might work, but the skirt will be hot with denim plus linen. I’d suggest maybe a broadcloth.

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

I have pima cotton, but the purpose for me to use linen was to make it reversible. I’m going with another option altogether, however.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.