Oliver + S

Update on Clara

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

Hi All, Thought I’d post an update on Clara since her diabetes diagnosis last month. She is doing very well and we are all adjusting. She gained 4 pounds (nearly 2 kg) in 3 weeks. Her cheeks (top and bottom! LOL) are rounding out nicely and she has her energy back. She now checks her own blood sugar (and gets a bit snippy if we try to help) and is beginning to tolerate the shots at least most of the time. Thank you all for your kindness and support when I needed it at her diagnosis!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

What wonderful news! I knew a smart girl like her would get this sugar-checking business down pat in no time. So glad to hear she’s feeling better, best wishes to all of you.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Fantastic news Sandi, I am so pleased to hear that!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

So glad to hear! It’s wonderful news that you are all coping and that Clara is now thriving 🙂 – was about to flickr mail you for an update – you must have read my mind!

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

That’s great news! I’m glad that Clara is adjusting so well.:)

LINK
    janimal @janimal

Oh I am so glad you posted an update. How lovely to hear that she is doing well. Sounds like you have quite a mature young lady!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Thanks for letting us know, Sandi. I’ve been thinking of you and Clara, and wondering if things were well. It’s very good to know that she seems to have taken this, as much as possible, into her own hands. What a level of maturity she’s showing. I hope things continue to go well for you all and for her. Take care and have a very happy Christmas!

LINK
    Anonymous @

Thanks, all!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Isn’t it great how resilient kids are? My niece gets a shot in her leg every night before bedtime. She’s gotten it for years now and has just adjusted to it. It’s harder on us than it is on them, I think. Glad to hear you’re all doing well, Sandi. Have a wonderful holiday!

LINK
    sewinginthecity @sewinginthecity

I’m so glad to hear things have settled down and you are all adjusting. I do think kids can surprise us by how resilient and adaptable they are. I hope you all get to enjoy the holidays all the more.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.