Oliver + S

Under collar is fighting with upper collar

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

I am enjoying sewing this pattern, but have come to a stumbling block when attaching the collar to the blouse.

Basically, the upper collar piece is getting pulled too much to cover the seam, and causing the under collar to curve the wrong way.

From what I’ve been able to google (images) there have been umpteen successful iterations of this blouse…where did I go wrong? The pattern pieces themselves are the same size, which does not allow for “turn of cloth.” Did people automatically trim 1/16″ off the under collar piece?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have only made this twice…. but a few suggestions, I think my under collar may a shrunk a tiny bit with the interfacing applied which was a help! I seem to remember being quite glad I had not snipped right into the basted folding line on the upper collar so I could pull this out a little to cover the seam. Perhaps if you dampen it and have a fiddle?

Sorry not to be more help, hopefully you will get more expert advice!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.