Oliver + S

tunic flounce

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • LINK
    Avacadopie @Avacadopie

Well I’ve given it another go and managed to attach the flounce but I had to mess around with the alignment (now the side seams don’t line up perfectly) to get it to fit. Something just seems off with how it came together, which never happens to me with Oliver + S patterns. I could get the back flounce to match the dress just fine but the front flounce just felt like it was to small; I mean I REALLY had to pin and clip and pull to get it to come together. It looked from your tutorial Nicole that yours came together very smoothly. I rechecked that I traced the proper size flounce, but as I am writing this it just occurred to me that maybe I traced the wrong size bodice piece? I will have to check as soon as I get out from under this nursing baby. I am making a size 4 for my older girl soon, so I suppose I will find out then if I have the same issue and it’s simple user error.

In the end I am happy with the result, off kilter seams and all; and really who will notice anyway once my sweet baby is wearing it. Thank you all for weighing in!

LINK
    Avacadopie @Avacadopie

Oh, I forgot to say, Niclole, I wish you could come help me too! That would be AMAZING!!

Scratch that, I wish I could get out of this Canadian deep freeze and go to you for help 😉

In all seriousness, your tutorials have help me plenty of times and that’s almost just as good.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

That is such a lovely thing to say.

Really, you have made my day.

Thank you.

LINK
    jennicaforce@yahoo.com @jennicaforce@yahoo.com

I had problems with the flounce, too……user error. In cutting the piece I followed the line for the wrong size at the ends. I fall else fails, re-check the pattern piece and verify you’re cutting on the correct line. Good luck!

LINK
    Avacadopie @Avacadopie
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.