Oliver + S

Tips on finishing the 2+2 blouse?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    Inder @Inder

Hello wise ladies: I am making my first 2+2 blouse. I love the genius way that the front placket is assembled! But my little fold back plackets still have raw seams at the bottom. How do you finish the inside of this blouse so it’s as neat as possible? I’m not worried about this first version I’m making, but I know I’m going to want to make many more of these, and I like to get everything very neat inside when I can!

TIA, Inder

LINK
    Inder @Inder

Oh, rereading the instructions, it looks like those edges were supposed to encased in my tiny seam to hold the gathering in. That explains it! Next time I’ll get that right – no way I am ripping this patch off at this point!

LINK
    Robin @Robin

I don’t think I’ve ever done that seam correctly. I have zigzagged it.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5
    LINK
    Inder @Inder

Your tute is fantastic as always Nicole! I will certainly do a more careful job for my next version of the blouse. I love the clean result inside! I see this in a light linen for summer with liberty accents!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Awww, thank you. Its a favourite of mine.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

yes, the tiny little seam under the front patch should be encased. It’s very clever. I also like to stitch down the back button placket because after washing it will unfold a little and the raw edges pop out.

LINK
    Inder @Inder

Meleliza, I did that, because I had the same thought! The outfit turned out SUPER CUTE. Probably a skirt isn’t the most practical item of clothing for a 20 month old, but the CUTE is blinding. http://www.flickr.com/photos/53589116@N08/13180923114/

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Blinding Cute!

I tend to over finish as my chiblings are so hard on clothes.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Good thing you did stitch the plackets down, Inder – I just put my newly completed 2+2s through the wash and that exact thing happened (and my interfacing came free, crummy Pellon). I need to pry them out of my daughters’ hands so I can fix it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.