Oliver + S

Time Management Tips and Tricks…..I need some!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • LINK
    Adrienne @Adrienne

Okey dokey! I cannot wait to try this!!!!!! : ) I recently celebrated a birthday and received a gift certificate to my local sewing shop….instead of using it on more tracing paper I can now use it on other fun stuff….and get my “tracing paper” when I buy groceries! Thanks……I will be attempting this very soon!

LINK
    Adrienne @Adrienne

Okey dokey! I cannot wait to try this!!!!!! : ) I recently celebrated a birthday and received a gift certificate to my local sewing shop….instead of using it on more tracing paper I can now use it on other fun stuff….and get my “tracing paper” when I buy groceries! Thanks……I will be attempting this very soon!

LINK
    TriMama @TriMama

That freezer paper trick is sooo clever! I’ve heard of using it for other sewing tasks, but I’d never thought of using it this way.

Hmmm, does anyone know of a store that will ship freezer paper to Canada? I know it’s not available locally, I’ve looked.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl
    LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

It sounds like a good trick. I’ve used it for applique but never really had the greatest luck at getting it to stick well – maybe I was too slow in getting the job done.

I hope this thread keeps going. It’s so nice to be able to give and receive little hints like this especially if you are new to sewing (not that I am) but even us “established sewists” like to tweak a few things to make the job more efficient.

Tamara

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

You can find all kinds of tips over at sewingpatternreview, but you have to dig for them. The site is cumbersome. It’s nice nice to have that thread here. I think there are so many ways of doing things you might always be able to learn a new trick, however experienced you get.

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

TriMama, would Amazon ship it to you in Canada?

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

just thought of another – my hands free kit! I can chat with my mom, make dr appts, call the directv people all while sewing. I even take occasional conference calls at the sewing machine with the phone on mute.

LINK
    Sewnsew @Sewnsew

I don’t have a whole lot to add to this wonderful thread. But I also love to sew and try to make time for even 1/2 hour a day. Usually at night when the kids are in bed. Thank you for asking this question. I learned plenty!

LINK
    Adrienne @Adrienne

I just wanted to let you know that the many tips and tricks posted here have been extremely helpful! The freezer paper trick is WONDERFUL!!!!!! And I found that it is more efficient for me to cut out a few projects at a time. For me, tracing the pattern and cutting the fabric is still not “automatic”…..I get real nervous and anxious……I’m hoping with more practice, it’ll be second nature sooner than later! Cutting out a few things allows me to get that step done and then the time that I do have to sew seems more productive because I spend it at the sewing machine!

Thanks again for all of the very helpful posts!!! : )

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Bumping this one up!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.