Oliver + S

Tick tock…

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

Now I just have to find some more money so I can get them all. Anybody willing to donate?

LINK
    mela @mela

I’m with you sahm! I didn’t expect to want ALL of the new patterns, but I am soooo impressed, excited, and ready to get started!

I think my absolute favorites are the hopscotch skirt and top and the school picture dresses! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture dress soooo much! it reminds me of Lily Pulitzer dresses, and the specific one I’ve had my eye on with a ruffled collar. And it’s LINED! I can’t wait to start with these two! And then I want to move on to the nature walk set. The pants look great, and I love the idea of turning the top into a top layer, light jacket for the fall. For now, until these beauties are available, I will create fabric piles so i’m ready to go when they get here.

thank you SOOo much for such great patterns!

LINK
    Rebecca W @craftalittle

motherof5- yes, it is quiet- sort of- I do have a 2.75 year old running around. 🙂 She tells me daily that she wants the baby to come out and when the baby comes out, I will have a lap again. It is so cute. 🙂 Unfortunately, I don’t think that she understands that she will have to share that lap!!

sewinginthecity and Ckcsbella- I didn’t love the ice cream dress right away either- until I saw all the options that people made. And the tea party dress is still my favorite too. It helps that it was the first one that I ever made. 🙂

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Hey, all you O+S junkies! Thanks for the excitement and responses to the new patterns. It’s been fun to catch up with all your comments and ideas today, now that you’ve seen them.

I can’t wait to show you each pattern in greater detail. We’ve got additional photos, too, which might help you to be inspired. I’ve been having fun sewing some of them for S and wish I had more time to make the rest before we blog about them. Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Liesl

LINK
    Lizabeth @Lizabeth

Wonderful to see the new patterns! So much to look forward too! Y’all are so sweet staying up so late to catch the first glimpse. I made it till noon and then realized, with a start, ‘today is monday’. I couldn’t get dd to naptime fast enough 🙂

Question though: would it be possible to make the hopscotch skirt without the elastic back? Yes, we haven’t seen yet from the back, but I am just not wild about how elastic back skirts are sitting on my dd–sure she can wear them longer, but a yoked skirt or a fitted waistband would look so tailored.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am sure you could make it without elastic, shorten your waistband and gather a bit tighter or take a little fullness from the skirt back

LINK
    ckcsbella @ckcsbella

It’s amazing what actually SEEING the clothes on kids does. I saw Liesl’s post on the blog about the School Photo dress, and I love it on S. Especially in the blue wool. Much more than in the dupioni (which is surprising as I am a dupioni junkie. Especially in shot fabric.) On reflection, I think (IMHO) it would look fantastic on a slightly older child, and my DD#1 won’t wear dresses! I’m not sure how it would look on my younger daughter, as I still feel she looks young. And alas, there is no way I can fit into a size 12!(So much for my Jackie Kennedy fantasy…I can still rock the sunglasses, though) But who said every dress has to look good on an toddler and a 12 year old? I like to have the option of something a little more mature (I wish DD#1 would wear dresses.) I love to be proved wrong when I see all the fantastic dresses on the flickr feed. As I said before, I wasn’t crazy about the Ice Cream dress until I saw photos of it on real children. And I’ve made one dress (which is my absolute favourite outfit of DD#2), one top and I’m considering more options for fall (corduroy, anyone?). So, ladies, I’m expecting photos to appear around Sept 9 or 10, Right? 😉

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I will do my best , ckcsbella !

I love this pattern, and can’t wait to make a minny moo version for my baby as well as the older girls.

I , to, would love this dress for myself !

LINK
    ckcsbella @ckcsbella

I knew you wouldn’t disapoint, Nicole! And it was your girls I thought of when I tried visualizing this dress on a real, live human. I find it often helps me to see it on actual kids rather than on the mannequins. I guess I need heads in my imagination (blame that on my mother. She was notorious for cutting the heads off in every photograph she ever took.) I must say I am coming around to this dress more, now that Liesl has posted pictures of S in it on the blog. I still think (to me), it’s better on an older girl. But it takes all kinds of taste to make a world! And, in this case, I wouldn’t mind being proved wrong!

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.