Oliver + S

Thinking of Those Affected by Sandy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • LINK
    Rpankow @excytin

I just wanted to say that those of you on the east coast of the US, I am thinking of you as the information comes pouring in about the hurricane. The photos I’ve seen and the stories I have read just solidifies how crazy this storm really is. I just hope you are all safe and everything will get back to normal soon.

-Rebecca

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Yes, hoping everyone stays warm and dry!

LINK
    ThirdMargaret @ThirdMargaret

Oh, yes! I don’t know how many who visit the boards are affected, but stay safe! Liesl, I know you and yours are right there—I hope y’all are safe and that you have power! You are in our thoughts.

xo, Meg

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

So far, so good here in Westchester, NY. I’m expecting to lose power though. I know some of our town has lost power.

No sewing tonight.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

We are praying that everyones stays safe, warm and dry!

~Sharon~

LINK
    Deb @Mynorth

High gusting winds and rain here in Southern Ontario waiting for it to get worse as the night wears on. Expecting to loose power soon as the lights are flickering. Unplugged my sewing machines fearing a power surge!

~Deb~

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Woke up to news of the devastation in Manhattan. Thankfully, it’s not bad here in Philly, but we really feel lfor NY and the shore. I hope everyone at Oand S is ok! We’re thinking of you.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Glad you came through unscathed and I just read the blog post Liesl just put up and thankfully they are ok too.

Maybe a roll call is in order? Anyone in the area just type a note when you can to let us know maybe? Hoping that power can be restored to you shortly and that the damage in your particular area wasn’t significant.

LINK
    katybellabug @katybellabug

Yes, hope you are all ok. The footage on the news doesn’t paint a happy picture. Stay safe!

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

I’m in lower Westchester, NY… we just got our electricity back about two hours ago after losing it early Monday evening. Among the few casualties were the planned Halloween costumes — I’ve always been a last-minute sewist! But they still wore the fleece capes I made last year (adapted from the one in LTTS — made knee-length and with the curve redrafted) for pre-sunset trick-or-treating. As you can imagine, I didn’t want to have us out there in the dark while the whole block had no lights!

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Atta girl; you can’t keep a brave mum down whatever the weather. I hope you haven’t sustained too much damage from wind and rain. Hope the kids enjoyed themselves.

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

We never did lose power although most of the town did. A big tree came down on our property line, but fell away from the houses.

I hope for power for those in the dark. I know many people who have moved in with friends until power is restored.

Maggie

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

It is just so terrible,our thoughts are with those affected.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

We saw footage of trees being ripped by their roots – that would have been so scary not knowing which way they’d go or if the lighter ones would be flung into a building or not. I do believe they are moving as fast as they can to get to those still without help.

Glad to know you are both alright Maggie and Reeni.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

While i sympathise with the NY marathoners who have trained for many weeks, I like the gesture of solidarity with those badly affected by Sandy that has resulted in the Marathon being cancelled/postponed this weekend. There are times when even such a worthy activity has to be placed in a wider context.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.