Oliver + S

Things I would rather do than finish hemming:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

1. Check my RSS reader again. Maybe somebody posted something new in the last five seconds?

2. Drink the last sip of a cup of coffee that went cold two hours ago.

3. Look at the fridge.

4. Look into the fridge.

5. Stand up, take a few steps in no particular direction, realize I am not actually going anywhere, sit back down.

6. Wind wristwatch.

7. Examine cuticles.

8. Check RSS reader, this time on phone rather than laptop.

9. Knit one round on a sock-in-progress.

10. Post on O+S board about what I would rather do than finish hemming.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

What was that slogan? Just do it!

One day you will have a houseful of children,washing,animals,cooking to do,floors to sweep……and you will pine for some time to finish that hem!

Hemming means your nearly there,you can start something new and you can take some photo’s and show us your beautiful new creation!

LINK
    daisygirl78 @daisygirl78

Sarvi, this cracks me up!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

(I’m just jealous that she has time to procrastinate)

LINK
    daisygirl78 @daisygirl78

I don’t really remember what that’s like either 🙂

LINK
    mela @mela

I am SO with you Sarvi! I have to force myself to hem. I want everything to line up perfectly and sometimes that is really hard for me to do with hems, so I put it off. I often start a new project instead of hemming. Then i have a coversation with myself about how all my hard work and attention to detail will get me nowhere if I don’t FINISH. Then I suck it up and do it (usually). Then I rinse and repeat. I do find, however, that as one very skilled in procrastination, I find time to procrastinate no matter how little time is available. And my procrastination ALWAYS involves the internet. And if it is an especially difficult fabric I am waiting to hem, it might even involve cleaning!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ha, don’t be jealous, ladies, I don’t ordinarily have this much time. Bit of extra help today. Finally finished the dress, photo up on flickr!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

hehehehe – I don’t mind hemming so much – it’s sewing on buttons that I hate! Sewed on 17 buttons on Wed night – 16 were tiny little white ones – super boring and time consuming!

as for procrastination – I think the title goes to me! I am a champion at it!

LINK
    Anonymous @

Ha – funny, Sarvi. I actually find hemming relaxing. And sewing on buttons. I must be strange!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.