Oliver + S

swing set tunic not matching up

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    piko0099 @piko0099

Okay, got the sizing of the back bodice lining for 18-24 mos. figured out. But what I am confused is that when I try to put the lining and the bodice together, they just don’t match up. The dots and the notches can’t line up to where the neck and armhole edges match like in the directions say (and picture). I then try to match the actual cut outs and they can’t match either. Please help!! This pattern is soooo cute!! I see this outfit on so many websites so it must be that I am doing something wrong. I am not a true beginner but I seem to not get this one right. I am creasing the placket fold line on the bodice where the top and bottom notches are and then try to match the dots and notches together however the edges don’t match. What to do?

piko0099

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Hi there. Can you post a photo someplace so we can see where it’s not matching? It’s difficult to know what’s wrong without actually seeing it…

LINK
    piko0099 @piko0099

here is where I got stuck. Any suggestions or corrections I need to make? Thanks.

IMG_2123

IMG_2122

IMG_2123 by piko0099

Anyone can see this photo All rights reserved

Uploaded on Nov 22, 2009

0 comments

IMG_2122 by piko0099

Uploaded on Nov 22, 2009

0 comments

IMG_2121

IMG_2120

IMG_2121 by piko0099

Uploaded on Nov 22, 2009

0 comments

IMG_2120 by piko0099

Uploaded on Nov 22, 2009

0 comments

IMG_2118

IMG_2118 by piko0099

Uploaded on Nov 22, 2009

0 comments

* if you cant see my pics please go to flickr.com under piko0099 in people. Thanks First time doing this.

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

I looked at the photos, and I wonder if the tutorial here will help at all:

http://www.oliverands.com/blog/tutorials/2009/06/swingset-placket-tutorial.html

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

I looked at the photos again and saw your comparison to the instructions… I think the illustration in the instructions might not have been drawn to exact scale. So long as your top shoulder sections match up so you can stitch from underarm dot to shoulder dot and then other shoulder dot to placket edge (you can kind of see it in the top photo of that tutorial I linked) then you should be fine. (I hope I’m understanding your question correctly.)

LINK
    piko0099 @piko0099

Thanks for the comments. I see that the notches seem to match on the both the lining and the bodice when I place them together so I will try to use that as my guide. Though my dots don’t match up, it’s pretty close. Should I cut off the rest of my lining to match the bodice or should I just leave it until I attach the ruffle? It’s kinda alot at the underarm.

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

Don’t cut anything off – it will end up being as it should when you get to the following steps.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.