Oliver + S

swing set straps

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Margaret @Margyelan

I am a new sewer and very excited about taking on this pattern. I have the skirt finished and have just started the tunic. But somehow I lost the pattern piece for the straps to the tunic. Can someone tell me the length of the straps for a size three (and I will just use the width of the drawstring) (P.S. the fusible interfacing post really helped. I totally put the interfacing in the wrong place. The picture seemed to indicate that I put it elsewhere.)

Thanks

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Margyelan, I am running out to a meeting but will look up these measurements later today and post them for you. It’s a tiny piece and very easy to lose, I know.

LINK
    sews4kla @sews4kla

This is just a suggestion but for pieces that are truly square or rectangular include the measurements for the pieces on the pattern instruction sheets. This way the measurements for small square/retangular pieces are always available. It also speeds up the process for those who would rather chalk these pieces directly onto the fabric to be cut out. I’ve seen these types of pieces presented this way in a few vintage mail order patterns and in some current european patterns.

I just ordered your Jumprope dress and can’t wait to make it in denim and small print floral. Thank you for great fall patterns. I can’t help it but now I’m eager to see your new spring/summer patterns :o)

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Thanks for the feedback! I’ve been thinking about doing this and will absolutely include the measurements for future patterns, assuming they all share the same size piece.

Ok, for the size 3T the pattern piece for the strap is 1″ wide by 10.5″ long. That makes two straps, since you’ll cut it in half once the strap is folded and stitched. Which means that each strap is 5.25″ long. I hope that helps!

LINK
    Margaret @Margyelan

thank you all so much! Project is finished and I have one happy little girl!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.