Oliver + S

Suggestions for Women's pattern that flatters a straight figure

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    tatataterri @tatataterri

I have a relatively straight figure (41, 33, 41), long torso, short legs (I’m 5’6″ but buy short jeans). Can any one suggest a pattern that would be flattering? I desperately want to make something for myself and I love all the things found here, but am overwhelmed. I have the portfolio dress and for it to fit me well would take more skills then I have… And with minimal modification, it was just not a good pattern for me. I recently made the modkid Juliana and I love it on me (medium w xs length) albeit a tad young feeling. I like the victory nicola dress a lot and a ton of the sis boom patterns, along with some other ones, but I just don’t know if they’d look good on me.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

How about this one http://pinterest.com/pin/73676143873985010/ isn’t if fab?

LINK
    tatataterri @tatataterri

That blog post definitely won me over on that dress! I never even considered it, the envelope for sure does not do it justice.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Maybe try another modkid pattern if the first one fits.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

That doesn’t sound straight to me at all. If you have 8″ difference between waist and hips, that’s still pretty nice and curvy. So I would suggest something with shape that highlights the waist. But, it also depends on shoulder size and bust size, face shape. There are other factors than just those three measurements. I am a smidge bigger than that, but high on my list is the new Attaché dress. It has really great shaping with all those princess seams. I’ve read through the directions and it isn’t very difficult. I just have to finish up a few other projects before I can dive into it, but I will report back when I get to it.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Loved the post that N suggested but agree with Mel that your measurements sound quite “hour glass” to me, tattaterri. So pleased you will working on something for yourself soon, M. Look fwd to seeing it.

LINK
    tatataterri @tatataterri

Thanks ladies! I have lost a bit of weight, like 65 lbs, so I am much more of an hour glass than I use to be… But I still feel like I carry my weight in my waist, especially since my torso is pretty long. I think I’ll definitely try out h attaché dress

LINK
    Jillls @Jillls

Here is a fun dress from Burda that I made recently that would be great for giving a straighter figure the illusion of more curves. http://www.flickr.com/photos/58801344@N06/8606556508/

The Attaché dress looks great too!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.