Oliver + S

Snaps that open and close easily

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

My new grandson is here! He is a little small for Oliver & S now but I am still sewing away for my granddaughter. I would like to know what kind of snaps are easiest to clamp on down the front and legs of rompers or sleepers. I bought some at Joann’s for the bedtime story pajamas, for my granddaughter, and they were hard round plastic and I ended up taking them off and putting on buttons.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Congratulations! How much did he weigh? How is your daughter/daughter-in-law feeling?

The best press studs I have found are the metal ones with the coloured enamel tops. They at least stay on! However,they don’t soak that well,some corrode,so if the rompers get filled with pooh,they need to be hand scrubbed before washing.

I like buttons,they wash and wear well,and I do my button hole twice(ie one on top of the first) to make a sturdy hole(interface first).

I made some for the baby hospital and they requested velcro dots. I was dubious about that,but thats what they wanted!

Good Luck,have a cuddle for me!

LINK
    suse @suse

If you really want to go all out with snaps – the KAM snaps are the best. They are the professional poly-resin snaps used on cloth nappies/diapers. Although they are best applied with the standalone press, you can also get a much cheaper hand-press which is apparently much easier to use than the ones you’d buy from a store. They are a fantastic snap, easy to open and very sturdy. My nappies have been in use for two kids now, and I’ve never lost a snap. I’m in Australia so I’m not sure where you can get the presses from in the US, but if a google search of the brand doesn’t come up (or google snap presses), then one of the diaper making forums like diaper sewing divas should be able to help.

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

Thank you for the information for snaps. Nicole, he weighed 8lbs.5 oz. and 21 inches long. My daughter is well, sleep deprived from nursing so often and trying to look after a very active 2 year old. I am helping, cooking and watching my granddaughter here and there. I look back and I don’t know how I managed 3 kids under 5. I enjoy reading your blog about how you care for and make clothing for your 5!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

How lovely that you are there to help!

Thank you for your kind words and I wish your daughter well.

What a big baby!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.