Oliver + S

Snaps in Australia

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

For the Australians out there where do you buy SnapSetter snaps? You know the ones like are for sale in the Oliver+S store but not so far away! I have bought them before in Australia several years ago and have the tool but don’t remember where.

I do not want the KAM style ones. Google has offered me many options there!

TIA
    Kerrilyn 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Ok I am a bit clueless, what are KAM snaps? I don’t actually use the ones from Liesl because I had bought some already before she stocked them. Mine are from Greenbeans but I have just jumped onto their site to link it and I think I might have the KAM ones you mention as this is what they state they have.

I don’t know the difference really but do have a look to see if they are not the ones you are after and we can scratch that off the list of possible stockists – gbau.com.au

Tamara

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I bought mine from O+S, sorry Kerrilyn.

LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

Thanks Tamara. Green beans sell the KAM ones. They are plastic and if you don’t have thick enough fabric they won’t snap shut once installed. They work well for toweling and sweater type fabrics etc. This style is very cheap (affordable) to purchase and comes in a heap of different colours.

The SnapSetter ones are metal and they also sit flatter on the fabric. I think they work better if your fabric is thinner like a regular quilting cotton but they also cope with thicker fabric. They are more expensive than the KAM style and didn’t seem to have as many colour options last time I purchased. I only have a few left in pale pink and pale green.

I have both types. I took the Stanley knife to the insides of the KAM snap on the last sailboat top I made in order to get them to snap shut, hence I am chasing up the SnapSetter style, hopefully locally. 🙂

LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

Ah I finally found one…Bubba Earth has some in packs of 20. You can choose primary colours, jewel colours, or pastel colours.

http://bubbaearth.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have been using the KAM one and they seem to be fine. Except they are a pain if you put them in the wrong way!

LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

Tamara do you use the press to put them in or the pliers?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have the press thingy – its green. But they are a cinch to put in with it. The only thing is you have to just keep changing the knobs and of course they come in sized sets. I use the 16’s on the layette things I have made and they work just fine. But the original intention was to make my own nappies (and I haven’t even started yet!)

The trick is to press but not too hard or they’ll bust – but then thats how I get them out if I muck up!

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Tamara.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.