Oliver + S

Sleeveless binding Help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    Profile photo of Jess M.Jess M. @mommy2maria

Ok, So I think I want to make this sleeveless. I’ve never done a hidden binding before, and I don’t have enough of the main fabric to cut binding and have it blend with the fabric. I *DO* have pre-made binding that would fit.

Am I making too much out of the process or can I just sew the binding on sort like quilt binding, and just fold the whole edge to the wrong side instead of encasing the edge?

LINK
    Profile photo of with love Heidiwith love Heidi @with love Heidi

That’s pretty much what I would do 🙂 But someone else may have a better idea.

LINK
    Profile photo of ReeniReeni @Reeni

the armhole would work well with bias tape I think? Like the Fairy Tale view B? but not ready-made binding cut on the straight grain. You could alternatively do a facing and cut it out of any fabric.

LINK

Mmmmm I’ll need to look at fairy tale and see.

My pre-made binding is on the bias, so I’m good there. I just don’t like the way it looks with the dark navy at the arm holes vs at the neck only. I will play!

LINK
    Profile photo of NicoleNicole @motherof5

Masha did a few of these. I think she bound the arm so the binding was inclosed (all on the inside).

LINK

That’s exactly Reeni was talking about with Fairy Tale—I made the view with sleeves, so never read the sleeveless view LOL. That worked perfectly! Now I just need to hand stitch it. WOOOT!

I’m really bad at explaining things some days. I probably should’ve uploaded a pic.

LINK
    Profile photo of NicoleNicole @motherof5

Awesome!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2016. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.