Oliver + S

Skirt Issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    lifeinoz @lifeinoz

I just recently made this skirt for my daughter. She is 3. I made it in a size 3 length and a size 12-18 month width as she is a skinny mini. It fits her perfectly but has a tendency to pull down her panties in the back, which of course makes her a little frustrated. I’m fairly new to sewing clothes. Any idea why this is happening and or what I can do to fix it??

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I wonder if by lengthening and not adding width you have inadvertently created a ‘bottom’ trap? When she sits down it catches on her bottom and pulls down when she stands?

Maybe just tighten the elastic in a bigger size rather the sizing down?

Just an idea.

~Nicole~

LINK
    lifeinoz @lifeinoz

Maybe. I normally do that, but when I made the sailor pants they just seems so big. Maybe I shouldn’t have taken them in quite so much.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Normally that would be exactly what you would do.

I am just wondering if this is the case with this skirt. A few girls have shortened the top of the skirt as they found the length didn’t quite suit their little ones body shape.

I do a lot of sizing back and lengthening too.

Don’t give up!

xx Nicole.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.