Oliver + S

Sketchbook shorts in knit?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I am planning to make knit sketchbook shorts this afternoon. Has anyone made this pattern in knit? Any areas I should look out for?

I am thinking of adding a small amount of contrast flat piping to the pocket opening and down the side seam, any thoughts?

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I think it should work out fine. (clever idea of you!) If you can try to sew this on a serger. The only area I would be look out for would be the top stitching on the faux zipper. Maybe add interfacing on the inside before stitching?

LINK

I may even skip the faux fly as I doubt the recipient would notice!

LINK
    Inder @Inder

I came on here to post EXACTLY this question. Did you try it, Heidi? How did it go? Joe will only wear knit shorts right now, but we have a wedding to go to. Was considering making these in a sturdy ponte for more polished comfy shorts. Let me know how yours went!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I think they would be fine, I would use a soft interfacing (like McCalls weft) to stabilise the fly front and think about grading, rather then just trimming the waist band seams, but other then that, fab!

LINK

Yes, I made them last Christmas and they are his favourite pair of shorts! Here’s the picture, https://www.flickr.com/photos/73669617@N07/11746433704/in/pool-oliverands|73669617@N07

I left off the pleat and just stretched the waistband to fit. This worked especially well as he has a slight protruding tummy and this gave extra room. I left off the fly/top stitching as I was under Christmas deadline pressure, but I would probably leave them off again. It was a very fast sew on the overlocker!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Sunny Days with pockets!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.