Oliver + S

Sizing up School Days pattern

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    carosews @carosews

Hello all, I’d love to make the School Days coat for my 9 year old. She’s edging into O+S size 10 – are the pattern pieces simple enough to be easy enough to grade up (I suspect more length than width would be required)? I’ve seen a suggestion that the Colette Albion jacket is an alternative for older kids, but I think this could swamp my skinny Minnie.

Any advice much appreciated!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

There is a burda patten that is very similar ( I have it) I purchased it with the intention of sewing it up with the school days directions.

I will try and look for it today to give you the patten number.

It is a roomy fit but I have not tried to grade it, sorry not to be able to help with that.

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

Have a look at this tutorial on grading nested patterns.

http://www.burdastyle.com/techniques/make-a-pattern-larger-or-smaller

I think it would be fairly straightforward to do if you can’t find a similar one you like in a bigger size.

LINK
    carosews @carosews

Thank you both for the suggestions. I’ve bought the School days pattern and have graded up to an age 10. Thanks for the link to the grading tutorial, it was really helpful and informative. Now for the fun part of choosing fabric 🙂

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

You’re welcome, I’m glad it helped!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.