Oliver + S

sizing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Cat75 @Cat75

So I am pear shaped. measurements 34, 28 1/2, 39. So a size 4 bust , 6 waist , then 8 in the hips. I was planning on gradually changing the size from a 4 at the top to the 8 around the hip area. This shirt does not look tight fitting so I am not sure if I need to do that. I hate things tight in the hip. Any suggestions?

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

It is not tight fitting as such, but it’s not loose either. It skims, but doesn’t have a lot of ease. I find it very true to the measurements. (As opposed to big 4 patterns which often have lots of extra ease.). So yes, I think you should absolutely grade to the sizes that your measurements indicate. I think it will be quite flattering on your shape.

LINK
    Cat75 @Cat75

Thanks Meleliza, I actually went ahead and graded my pattern and cut my fabric yesterday. Hopefully I’ll have time to start sewing today.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

That sounds perfect. It has nice ease but not ridiculous and the ease adds to the elegant look.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.