Oliver + S

size 5 for my 4 year old

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    fufujuice @fufujuice

Hi there…this is my first post. I have made the popover sundress and the roller skate dress for my girlie and now I really want to make the puppet show dress…however…she is 4 1/2 and is in 6x/7 lately. Mainly for length but her chest is 24 1/2. Do you think size 5 will be just waaaaay too small for her? I adore this pattern and since I only just started teaching myself to sew, I missed to boat with this dress for her.

Thanks so much! I look forward to visiting these forums often!

Karen

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

I’m leaning towards saying it might be too small. I made the size 5 for my youngest who wears a size 6 or 7 in RTW back in August but I think her chest measurement was the same as the size chart. I tell you what…I’ll measure her chest when she gets home from school this afternoon and take a picture of her in the dress and post it in the flickr group. That way you can see how the fit is and decide whether or not it will work for your daughter.:)

Cindy

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Here’s the link to the photo: http://flic.kr/p/efGnLX My daughter’s chest measures 24″. Hope that helps!

Cindy

LINK
    fufujuice @fufujuice

Cindy thank you so much for your time! I haven’t had a free minute to check your pix but I do appreciate it and I’m sure it will help me decide!

I will let you know what happens!

Thanks again! Karen

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

If you really really have to make it as you love it so much perhaps consider a stretch poplin?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I hope it works out for you, it’s so lovely!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.