Oliver + S

Size 12 Bodice too big for skirt?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Nearly finished view B in size 12 for one of the twins and the bodice was larger than the skirt.

I was able to ease and baste and it looks fine but I cannot for the life of me see where I went wrong!

It will be very simple to correct, I will do a smaller seam allowance on the side seams and make the center pleat smaller, but I would love to know what I have done wrong!

If anyone else has made this size can you let me know if you had the same problem? Thankyou.

LINK
    acampany @acampany

I am making the size 2T and I am having the same problem. I’m going to try putting some darts in the front (even though a toddler doesn’t need them) to mask the problem. Ugh!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Hmmm! Interesting. I’ll get the pattern out and have a play and see what comes up to help you out of this predicament Nicole and acampany. You did alright with the box pleats though, the evidence is there. Just seems strange! Maybe the markings are misplaced somewhere on the actual pattern piece and they need to be shifted slightly or alot? I’ll let you know what comes up.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Please don’t worry on my account Tamara,I muffed the french seams.

Did you do french seams acampany?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

How on earth did you do that? I was going to try that version anyway but glad you found the problem.

LINK
    martha.myers @martha.myers

I too have a problem with the way the yoke attaches to the skirt. I’m fairly certain the markings for the pleat are incorrect. I fiddled around with the pleat until the front yoke actually fits the front skirt. Also they omitted the notches on the front yoke. I got mixed up too when I read the online description of this view which says that the pleat is in the BACK. Yikes! That really through me for a loop. It’s helpful to read this forum and know I’m not the only one with this problem. Thanks.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Well, it turns out that there is indeed an error on the pattern! And here I thought you all had chalked it up to French seams or something.

We’ve just issued an errata for the View B front skirt (piece #5). I’m surprised this didn’t come up earlier, since the pattern has been out for almost a year now.

Thanks for calling it to my attention, Martha. It should be very clear now.

LINK
    carlinrae @carlinrae

Had a comment about the errata, but I found the information that I needed.

Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.